Suggestions: Iridium Reinforced Stone (For one block thick walls for nukers)

• I am more suggesting this for the few of us that wants peace of mind on a sever that someone could leave an unstable Nuker running and blow up.

Both me and my friend that run our serve and want to run this mod as soon as its ready for server would like to have a island that we well restrict people to for Nukers and to keep everything safe. We would like to build a chamber that can contain the blast if a unsupervised unstable nuker was left on our server and melted down.

• I am more suggesting this for the few of us that wants peace of mind on a sever that someone could leave an unstable Nuker running and blow up.

Both me and my friend that run our serve and want to run this mod as soon as its ready for server would like to have a island that we well restrict people to for Nukers and to keep everything safe. We would like to build a chamber that can contain the blast if a unsupervised unstable nuker was left on our server and melted down.

Yes Please! Even if it is just a one time use thing where it sacrifices itself to contain the blast. Like the reinforced doors did in IC. Which come to mention it, it would be great if we could get an Iridium door and trap door too.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• IRL nuclear explosion cannot be stopped at all...

In real life no nuclear reactor has ever exploded and from what I have read theoretically it is not possible for them to explode. They have melted down but that is a far cry from the kind of explosions currently in the game. Basically all we are asking for is to make an effective containment vessel which in real life all nuclear reactors have.

--T.E. Lawrence

• In real life no nuclear reactor has ever exploded and from what I have read theoretically it is not possible for them to explode. They have melted down but that is a far cry from the kind of explosions currently in the game. Basically all we are asking for is to make an effective containment vessel which in real life all nuclear reactors have.

Does water not work anymore?

• Does water not work anymore?

No. I had a test reactor with 3 thick shell of obsidian with a 7x7 cube of water and a Mark V reactor in the middle. It still did damage after it demolished most of the obsidian.

--T.E. Lawrence

• In real life no nuclear reactor has ever exploded and from what I have read theoretically it is not possible for them to explode. They have melted down but that is a far cry from the kind of explosions currently in the game. Basically all we are asking for is to make an effective containment vessel which in real life all nuclear reactors have.

Chernobyl = Giant MinecraftCreeper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

• It wasn't a nuclear explosion in the way you are thinking of. It would be better to describe it as a dirty bomb, an explosion that spreads nuclear material. A nuclear bomb and a dirty bomb are on two completely different levels of explosive power. In the case of Chernobyl off gases that were generated during an experiment were then ignited which then breached the reactor and caused the spread of the radioactive material.

--T.E. Lawrence

• It still wasn't a giant explosion. It destroyed the reactor, sure, but not much else.

It rendered a large area completely unlivable for many many many years. The fallout is what kills more than any nuclear detonation.

• It rendered a large area completely unlivable for many many many years. The fallout is what kills more than any nuclear detonation.

True but a better reactor containment vessel could have contained the explosion and/or fallout in the first place since we are not talking about an actual nuclear explosion. The reactor would have been destroyed of course but everything else would have been relatively fine. The point I m trying to make is that if we are willing to spend the resources to make a 100% safe containment vessel then there is nothing in real life to suggest that it wouldn't be possible. So why are nuclear meltdowns in the game so powerful that obsidian and reinforced stone can't handle a big one even after multiple layers.

--T.E. Lawrence

• explosion MUST be completely lethal for everything inside hurge area.

may be add autoswitch machine, place it next to reactor and it will shutdown reactor on 4000 heat automatically?

this will solve all "casual" player's problems and wont allow win button for everyone else.

• i think in 1.0 there will be a controller block that detect the temperature of the reactor and emit redstone whens its about the set value
    then with the redstone signal you can shut down the reactor

• explosion MUST be completely lethal for everything inside hurge area.

may be add autoswitch machine, place it next to reactor and it will shutdown reactor on 4000 heat automatically?

this will solve all "casual" player's problems and wont allow win button for everyone else.

Well how dose that stop someone from not blowing up part of my server by not installing one?

This is not about the fail safes this is about my land being destroyed by someone that dose not understand what fail safes are.

I herd about the fail safe before I posted this I am asking for peace of mind.