Type 1 Anarchy - Orbital Lasers and Mechs! ---[Could a Mod move this to Pending Addons?]

• When you mentioned anarchy, mechs and orbital lasers in the same sentence, I was pretty sure you were just ripping off Anarchy Online. :P
    Either way, these are pretty solid ideas. They would be interesting, but wouldn't quite fit into IC2, I think. As an addon pack for IC2, it would be spectacular, but I'm not sure everyone wants their bases completely blown up just yet, especially as bedrock protection isn't really an option for legit players.

Well, didn't he say that there were some misile defences you could build? and getting a bombardment satellite up there would be really difficult, never mind hooking up 10 reactors to the charger...

• Update:
    I should prob move this to the Addons thread, could an admin do that for me?

So I've gotten the hang of modding for minecraft, Stuff so far I have. I'm calling this version 0.01 lol

Sakuradite, an ore found in mountains that is needed for high-temperature superconductors in mechs and possibly other things in the mod.
    Stone burners, crafted mainly with a nuke, an entity that emits explosions continually for about 10 seconds, the explosions are only 2.0 power, but it will burn to bedrock. Good for making new mineshafts or B&E of underground bases.

I have an irl friend who knows java who says he will help me, hes been busy recently though.

I have no idea how to make rendering to work properly with forge. LexManos is a scary forum moderator so I'm afraid to ask for too much help over there :(

I'm also having trouble creating turrets so that they can take damage, im currently having them extend EntityLiving, but I cant punch them nor does TNT affect them, which is odd because a normal extends Entity with the same update code can be moved with explosions; I'm guessing this is because forge, but then again who knows.

If someone would be willing to realtime chat with me and give me some newb help with forge that would be great.

• When you mentioned anarchy, mechs and orbital lasers in the same sentence, I was pretty sure you were just ripping off Anarchy Online. :P
    Either way, these are pretty solid ideas. They would be interesting, but wouldn't quite fit into IC2, I think. As an addon pack for IC2, it would be spectacular, but I'm not sure everyone wants their bases completely blown up just yet, especially as bedrock protection isn't really an option for legit players.

I swear I've not played that lol.

I'm figuring that ill add tweaks to IC like any "reinforced" blocks and CF will be immune to all small explosions and lasers, and CF crafting will have 4x yield. The big deciding factor with using this mod for legit anarchy PVP will be a good Factions system, I brainstorm about it when bored in class. I figure each faction will get a single chunk with permanent protection from everything. And the dynmap will not show players, only mechs, terrain, and territory claims.

Anyone experienced with server programming? I figured that I would write my own server code after I was done with 1.0 of the mod, but this keeps becoming more and more work.

• OK, sweet. Also, a few suggestions:
    with the "factions" system, you could look at the code from the latest snapshot and see how mojang coded the coloured armour, though I think they're using Hexadecimal code. Don't know if it's readable by minecraft in it current state, and use it for dying banners and composite vests. As for indestructo-armour (nano/Quantumsuits) make them at leat 50x more energy consuming. As well, since we have not real ETA on when Industrium Conflict is coming out, maybe add guns? You could remodel the mining laser projectile into a more 3d entity, reskin it, remove the modes (although maybe semi-auto, auto, safe, and tri-burst would be good modes), change the code for collisions, account for gravity, make them release 20 smoke particles on landing (FM, looks great), give them a bow animation (no gun mods do this as of yet), make them use a "magazine" of 30. cal, 45. cal, 50. cal ammunition with DURABILITY (FM, really useful), and make new crafting recipes for all of them, preferably multi-stage, since guns are OP. And tanks. we have walkers, so why not APCs, tanks, Flak cannons, bombers... make it less futuristic, more modern. End of stream.

• So, if I understand right, usual members are bored to replies some "Wait for I-Conflict", "Do it yourself in an addon" or others ?
    I guess the topic should be closed, and because of 3 reasons:
    - Wait for Industrium Conflict, all Weapons suggestions are denied before the release.
    -Tanks, aircraft etc ... Wait for IC4! Seriously, this is too much. It will maybe be done when Al won't have anything more to do ... so in 2-3 years, if he continue developing the mod ^^
    -Missiles etc ... Look for RocketScience Addon, even if I think it's no longer updated.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• So, if I understand right, usual members are bored to replies some "Wait for I-Conflict", "Do it yourself in an addon" or others ?

all Weapons suggestions are denied before the release.

Could you reword this please? I dont understand.
    I mentioned that I'm doing this as an addon now, its not a suggestion anymore.

As for missiles I've seen the ICBM mod since posting this,
    still not quite the same thing I had in mind. I was thinking of a simpler system than that, mainly to be used for vehicle combat.
    And no offense, but the RocketScience addon is rather mundane.

Could you link to something about Industrium Conflict? Searches are only coming up with random mentions of it

• Sorry for I-Conflict, the only thing I've seen is an Al comment ... there's nothing about it ...
    (And all weapons suggestion are denied before the I-conflict release.)
    Edit: This is the First time I-Conflict has been mentionned.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().

• I love the satellite and dynamic-map idea, but please don't add extra wordgen! If you need some more components, use existing materials. Most people won't make a whole new world for this, especially not if you already have a splendid one!

• Are you still on this thing?

No, this thread is from September.

One of the biggest things I hate is when people speak for me and they have no idea what they are talking about :)

The official thread is now here
    I've not maintained this one mainly because its no longer a suggestion and is indev. I have mechs half working, missile working, small arms releaseable.

Are you still on this thing?
    Because if so, you mayb interested in combing your idea with mine ( Suggestion: War Robots/ -Machines of different tiers and animal-cross-breeding ; the war robot thing of course).
    If you would tele care of the texting 'n' stuff (i'm not good at this...), then i'll take care of modeling and texturing.

I'm very particular on the ideas I have, I don't want it to just be PEWPEW ROBOTS, I want it to be a true futuristic combat system.

• I would have some suggestions to make. But I'm too lazy to register on MC-forum ^^ (and I don't like MC-forums, but that's something else ^^).

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

SpwnX, you already screwed up moving Threads, also he can make a new one as soon as he gets finished.

Thats because sirus was moving them aswell, which confused us both.
    I can perfectly move threads without any problem, given no one else mess with them.