Wheat to Flour

• Hello IC2 fans!

First of all, great mod, it is awesome, and im in here to try and give an improvement to it.

I've searched with the terms "wheat", "wheat macerating" and "flour", two decent results popped up: 1 small tread without official opinions and already lost in time. The other was in the comments of the recent tread "Chemical Engineering", but as there was no real topic about it, i decided to start my own.
    (I've done my homework, dont flame me please)

FLOUR

It is really simple. 1 Wheat in a macerator = 2 flour. Flour + Water = dough. Dough in a furnace = 1 Bread, simple enough?

Although simple, this can easily be expanded:

COOKIES

Dough + cocoa bean + egg = chocolate dough. 1 chocolate dough in furnace = 6 (?) cookies.

DONUTS

:Copper Dust: = dough
    :Bronze Dust: = egg

:Copper Dust: :Copper Dust: :Copper Dust:
    :Copper Dust: :Bronze Dust: :Copper Dust: = 16 (?) Raw DONUTs! (cook em and you have donuts!(better versions (and tastier) of the cookies)
    :Copper Dust: :Copper Dust: :Copper Dust:

Using chocolate dough instead of dough will get you CHOCOLATE donuts!

CAKES

Using chocolate dough instead of wheat in the cake recipe will give you... (drums).... CHOCOLATE CAKE (better version of the cake)

CHOCOLATE BREAD

Chocolate bread! (1 chocolate dough and a bread)

And so on...

So, what do you think? Please leave your creative and EDUCATED answers in the comments below!
    Awesome day to you kind sir (or lady).

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• No official Comment about = Good as a "No" from the team... (Or W/E from them too).

Also no from me, the recipe works how it is just fine, why bother changing it at all?

I just thought that it would be nice to have a fancy and more efficient way to make bread (raw wheat to bread sounds a bit mumbo-jumbo to me)

Also, the regular bread recipe wouldn't change, this is a new one.

Look at my luck, the first person to answer was a "certified asshole" MinecraftGhast

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Look at my luck, the first person to answer was a "certified asshole" MinecraftGhast

"This isn't even my final form.png"

By the way, we hate (Most of the time) Fancy things just for the sake of being fancy in here. So like i said, the recipe that are now in Vainilla MC are fine as they are.

• "This isn't even my final form.png"

By the way, we hate (Most of the time) Fancy things just for the sake of being fancy in here. So like i said, the recipe that are now in Vainilla MC are fine as they are.

Well... maybe fancy wasnt the best choice of words.

What i meant was that, as you may have noticed, IC2 and other mods give you better ways to obtain stuff you can obtain in early minecraft, trough a different and better method, bread skips that.

Yes there are AUTO FARMS, but some people are too stupid/ lazy / busy during an alien attack to do so, so i tough this would be a nice way to do so. Simple and expansible.

Good day and thanks for the criticism!

• What i meant was that, as you may have noticed, IC2 and other mods give you better ways to obtain stuff you can obtain in early minecraft, trough a different and better method, bread skips that.

I'm not certain who, (it may have been greg) but someone once said IC2 is all about providing answers to vanilla stuff, wheat farms? We have the agriculture system. Potions? Who needs those, we have booze. Diamond armor? We have quantum. You get the idea, they are sort of improvements on things that already exist in vanilla as opposed to "better ways to obtain stuff". While your idea seems like it was thought out, I'm not certain it fits the overall theme of improving rather than making things easier to obtain

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I'm not certain who, (it may have been greg) but someone once said IC2 is all about providing answers to vanilla stuff, wheat farms? We have the agriculture system. Potions? Who needs those, we have booze. Diamond armor? We have quantum. You get the idea, they are sort of improvements on things that already exist in vanilla as opposed to "better ways to obtain stuff". While your idea seems like it was thought out, I'm not certain it fits the overall theme of improving rather than making things easier to obtain

Well, i tried. Can someone please lock the tread or mark it in the "rejected system" please?

• Official Post

I appreciate your intention, but unless I intend to rework the food system as well, I think the current vanilly implementations will do fine ^^

Seriously, wheat is one of the few ressources you can obtain in masses even without IC. No need to further buff it.