Suggestion: Config line to remove\disable any custom sounds

• No offence, i have only one sound enabled - creeper's "shhhhh" and dont want to mess with IC2 code just to disable custom sounds every version.

Many other users also listen favorite music in winamp, this suggestion based of blog post, if this already implemented in upcoming 1.0 - GJ.

• Official Post

If you don't want the sounds, delete the ic2 sound folder after instalation. Audiomod works fine when you take away it's targetted files.

Btw, you havn't heard the new ones yet. They're far cry from IC1 and we're just getting started on them. Never know, you might like them. ;)

• If you don't want the sounds, delete the ic2 sound folder after instalation. Audiomod works fine when you take away it's targetted files.

Btw, you havn't heard the new ones yet. They're far cry from IC1 and we're just getting started on them. Never know, you might like them. ;)

The new generator noises are pretty good, but I miss the 'click whiiirr' and 'beep' of the old electric furnaces.

The macerator sound is terrible, no offense. It's far louder than anything and it doesn't loop or end smoothly, just a loud 'cataclunkuku' then quite.

• Official Post

They will be vastly improved in the next release. The problems at the minute arise from a slightly rushed implementation to get it out for 1.0. Only about half the sounds are working as intended. Player is currently working on a way to give us a huge increase in the amount of control we have over the audio system in minecraft. The restrictions currently in place are pretty hard to work around at present.

The problem with the machines being too loud is my fault. I forgot to normalise all the samples. Will be fixed soon, hopefully. Bear in mind, this is the first implementation of a proper sound system for the mod, so there will be some teething troubles. :)

• They will be vastly improved in the next release. The problems at the minute arise from a slightly rushed implementation to get it out for 1.0. Only about half the sounds are working as intended. Player is currently working on a way to give us a huge increase in the amount of control we have over the audio system in minecraft. The restrictions currently in place are pretty hard to work around at present.

The problem with the machines being too loud is my fault. I forgot to normalise all the samples. Will be fixed soon, hopefully. Bear in mind, this is the first implementation of a proper sound system for the mod, so there will be some teething troubles. :)

Hey no doubt. It's a combination of me playing IC2 without sound so long and nostalgia for the old click-whir-beep noises. I had been experimenting with the sound files you posted and they seem to not exactly match the time for them to re-loop, causing hard hits in the noise department. I of course have no idea what the audio calls are or the length of time either so it may just be all in my head.