[Bug][1.106]Jetpacks don't work for other players in lan/smp

• anybody else having this problem? 28

1. Yes (26) 93%
    2. Haven't tried it yet (2) 7%
    3. Can't reproduce it (0) 0%
    4. No (0) 0%

Quite simple really the jetpack only works for op'd players so it works for me and not my friends.
    I tried oping ithem but even with cheats enabled I got the unknown command message.
    Seems oping is not allowed in lan games.

I tried allowing flight for him by editing his player.dat but when he logs in it resets to 0 and I'm one step shy of decompiling ic2 and fixing it then recompiling it.

This has made one of my friends demotivated and has stopped playing. He even stoped making the phase blade because he is adamant it wont work for him even though I know it will he wont listen (I know he's being a baby)
    I on the other hand have little interest in the jetpack but I want to play with my friends.

Edit: I am aware it asn issue with non op'd players as I had this issue on a server in 1.2.5 but that was an easy fix "/op <playername>"

• How do they not work?

They drain power when the player jumps and the modes can be switched but the player is unable to fly with them they just jump instead.
    They work fine for everybody in their single player, they just don't work for people who join a lan server (guests).

• also when you are in hover mode, if you jump from high you slowly fall, but pressing space won't make you go up.

I can not even crawl on the Scaffold

Yes, holding space on the scaffold won't make you go up but you will slowly go down, might be something about capturing the spacebar...

EDIT:

so, I did more testing... looks like new versions of minecraft forge broke IC2, I was using minecraftforge-universal-4.1.2.269, then I downgraded to minecraftforge-universal-4.1.1.251 and now it's working... jetpack and scaffold

EDIT AGAIN:

Actually, the same setup that worked in single player did not work in multiplayer (minecraft_server.jar) and the issue is still present :/

Server log + Client mods: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/66482525.png/

I've uploaded a small video showing my test:
    http://youtu.be/70octdzE8ok

• While playing full SMP, no one can fly using electric jetpacks, op'ed or not. Energy is drained when you jump, but you fall down, and the sound bug spam shows in the client:
    example:

the above video displays exactly how it acts on my setup as well.

• While playing full SMP, no one can fly using electric jetpacks, op'ed or not. Energy is drained when you jump, but you fall down, and the sound bug spam shows in the client:
    example:

the above video displays exactly how it acts on my setup as well.

Interesting I just thought it was a migrated bug.

• Yes, I can confirm that. Jetpack will not lift you (you would just jump like if you don't have jetpack), but power gets drained. Same issue on both hover mode and normal mode.

SMP Server 3.1.2
    Forge 3.1.15.378
    IC2 1.106
    Addons: CompactSolars, NuclearControl, MFFS

EDIT: I tested on electrical jetpack, I don't know about regular jetpack.

• This is what it says on startup

2012-09-23 19:38:09 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 3.1.15.378 for Minecraft client:1.3.2, server:1.3.2 loading

• That's PART of what it says on startup. This is the full:

Code
    23.09 03:19:58 [Server] INFO [STDOUT] MinecraftForge v4.1.1.251 Initialized
    23.09 03:19:57 [Server] INFO [ForgeModLoader] MinecraftForge v4.1.1.251 Initialized
    23.09 03:19:56 [Server] INFO [STDOUT] [IC2] Config loaded from \.\config\IC2.cfg
    23.09 03:19:56 [Server] INFO [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader has identified 3 mods to load
    23.09 03:19:54 [Server] INFO [ForgeModLoader] Searching \mods for mods
    23.09 03:19:54 [Server] INFO [ForgeModLoader] Completed early MinecraftForge initialization
    23.09 03:19:54 [Server] INFO [ForgeModLoader] Attempting early MinecraftForge initialization
    23.09 03:19:54 [Server] INFO [STDOUT] 27 achievements
    23.09 03:19:54 [Server] INFO [STDOUT] 195 recipes
    23.09 03:19:51 [Server] INFO [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 3.0.196.366 for Minecraft client:1.3.2, server:1.3.2 loading
  • having the same issue with Quantum jump and jetpack not working with Forge 4.1.4.275

I'm pretty sure the forge version has nothing to do with it really, I think its more to do with ic2 itself.
    Then again I could be wrong and this all could be a problem with player hooks in forge for multiplayer.
    But I don't see changing the forge version helping much, other than its good to have the latest version. :P
    Speaking of latest versions It may be worth noting that I redownloaded ic2 1.106 and found that the file size of the ic2 jar had grown from 7,333kb to 7,342kb since the day of release and there's no version number change at all. :P
    So yeah look out for those ninja updates 8)

• I can confirm, after redownloading a fresh jar file today for both my server and client, that the electric jetpack, and jetpack, do not fly on smp

• I'm also not able to use elevating-items in SMP. Jetpacks, scaffolding, iron gates, etc. Broken for OPs and Non-OPs. Tried multiple Forge versions (from 247 to most recent) and was unable to make these items work.

It works fine in SSP and on LAN servers, but breaks when hosted from a forge-modded server.jar's /mods folder. An update to fix this compatibility, or any guidance as to what we're all doing wrong, would be super helpful. I love this mod and definitely miss these awesome features.

• I think it's probably just a server bug. Hopefully it's fixed in the next update. I mean, over 100 people said they have the problem in that poll at the top of this thread. There are probably tons more who don't have the drive to report a bug and just gave up on the mod. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a quick fix.

• Hi all,

workaround: Use handcrafted jetpacks only, (not out of creative mode, tmi..etc.). Did work fine for me.

[edit]: only tested in LAN Games (open to lan mode)