Reactor Planner for v1.106

• The cost for the reactor is wrong

You need 3 reactor chambers, 1 adv circuit and 1 generator to make one

Each reactor chamber need 1 machine block and 4 copper plates. This is 8 refined iron and 32 copper. 3 will cost 24 refined iron and 96 copper.

The adv ciruit costs 1 refined iron, 3 copper, 6 rubber, 6 redstone 2 glowstone dust and 2 lapis

The generator costs 8 refined iron, 4 tin, 2 redstone, 0,5 copper, 1 rubber and 4 tin

So in total this is 33 refined iron, 99,5 copper, 4 tin, 7 rubber, 8 redstone, 2 glowstone dust and 2 lapis

• I would very much like to see it show stacked items, like the Heating Cells, while it's fairly easy to guess how many a breeder uses (even if it's not indicated on the thread for reactors) it does not seem to calc it correctly, nor indicate how many you need.

• I would very much like to see it show stacked items, like the Heating Cells, while it's fairly easy to guess how many a breeder uses (even if it's not indicated on the thread for reactors) it does not seem to calc it correctly, nor indicate how many you need.

You can mouseover the heating cell in the grid, and the tooltip indicates the stacksize.

• If its registered as "oreAluminium" then it will work. If not, then please tell me about the real OreDictName of it (The Logfile will tell you)

Of course he is allowed to if he wants that. I have no Idea how he coded it, so ask him.

As you see you have the permission to support the Reactor addons from GregTech (Plutonium Cells...) It would be great and hopefully easy.

Edit:
    If you send my the source code, I would add support for them. I looked with JD into the soure and it won't that complicated.
    And It would help if you tell me where to register the new items.

• After finally having enough free time, I've attemped to add greg-tech's items to the planner. For the moment it's on a temporary url, atleast until I'm sure the new additions havn't broken old designs.

Clicky

Edit: A note about UU costs, they're still using the normal IC values, it to be used more as a comparision value when weighing up 'the best design'.

• oohhh thats cool, my design broke your planner, thanks greg.
    also the law of IC² physics.
    BTW your planner is kinda laggy with that many EU
    Edit: nice work on the planner

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

Edited once, last by skavier470 ().

• First of, you can't really say its your design. I and probably others already found that way of placing the condensators next to the uranium a long time ago. I just wasn't bothered to post it, because the previous time I posted something like it, (It was a reactor which had cooling cells being fed into it and used the same layout as the currect LZH design.) people didn't like the fact that you needed to produce UU-matter to make the tin for the cells. This system didn't feel different (for me as least) from the current system where you need to produce lapis with mass-fabs, so I didn't post a lot about it. Anyway, this isn't really interesting as you can't make money with a reactor design by receiving royalties (so skipping the text above doesn't bother me).

I really think the reactor planner is wrong about the 40 quad-plutonium cells and its stats. It produces (8720(eu/t)*20(to seconds)*20000 s (running time) = ) 3488 million EU and uses only (22784(heat/sec)*20000(running time)/40000(cooling per lapis) = ) 11392 lapis, which is about (11392/9*4= ) 5063 UU, add the UU for the plutonium cells (about 160 + extra), lets say 5300 UU-matter per cycle (the planner says just 3013.42 per cycle). Lets say every UU-matter is 200,000 EU (166,667 + recycling and a bit of margin), which is 1060 million EU (give or take). Even then, 3488-1060 is more then 0 and surely not negative 807 million EU. Or am I just seeing it wrong?

• as I vastly improved a design some one posted and no one else posted the same design before, I think I can say that it is mine,
    I apologise if you proof me wrong.

yes if you are calculating UU matter produced with scrap you would get about half of the whole output.
    but if you make UU without you would need about 3-5 BILLION EU! thats way more then it produces...
    the big occurs at exactly 2.146.000-2.148.000 EU than something just goes nuts...
    with scrap you will start to loose EU at 9700UU matter per cycle.

Would be interesting to know if this design works in MC or if you just kill your PC...

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• I fixed the Total EU variable so it can handle values over 2.1 billion (you insane people), this should of fixed the minus EU/t and other odd values elsewhere.

As for the extra UUM cost for each plutonium cell... it's not included. If you've got plutonium then most likely you need 16.6 million EU per UUM, thus it needs to be used in a design with overall efficiency of 4.16+ just to break even if you spent a UUM to 'upgrade' the uranium. The planner assumes you're using the Industrial Centrifuge method of getting the plutonium, even though doing so grants you far less total EU then using a breeder reactor. Unless I'm missing something about Greg-Tech.

As for it melting a computer, bare in mind the planner is doing in a few seconds what a reactor in MC will be doing over 5.5 hours... I'm sure your system will be fine. Of course, sucessfully suppling the needed amount of lapis fast enough might be a whole different problem entirely.

• There are config options to keep the old UU-matter system and you can get a plutonium cells by combining 8 UU-matter and 1 uranium cell. Also, you can get thorium cells out of 64 coal-dust for 25,000 EU or from 2 near depleted-uranium cells and 2,500 EU.

• Official Post

There are config options to keep the old UU-matter system and you can get a plutonium cells by combining 1 UU-matter and 1 uranium cell. Also, you can get thorium cells out of 32 coal-dust for 25,000 EU or from 2 near depleted-uranium cells and 2,500 EU.

64* Coal Dust as of latest Version. And the 1 UUM for Plutonium is only available, when you use the expensive Way to create UUM. Otherwise it costs 8 UUM.

• Is there an explanation somewhere of what all the colors (yellow, black, etc.) on the icons and the reactor type (generally a rainbow gradient) mean? What do the 2 different numbers mean in vent cooling? Also is there a list of current bugs that are in the present version or things that I generally shouldnt trust about the simulator and future implementations that are currently planned ?

• Grey indicates a component that the planner conciders unused.
    Yellow indicates components that need replacing or vents that arn't doing as much cooling as they could.
    Red indicates a melted component.

The cooling value in brackets is the potencial cooling for the design, including the partialy used and unused vents.

The bar at the top is the hull temperature of the reactor, it changes colour depending on how many heat 'milestones' it passes (Evaporate, Hurt, Melt, etc)

Edit: I try to stamp out the mis-calcultions that mean the difference between a nice workshop and a nice hole in the floor. ;)

• Since it seems stable enough and it doesn't look like it messes with previously made designs, the planner with the GregTech components added has been moved to the usual 'v3' url. The temp url is now broken.