[Suggestion] Assembly Line | Conveyor Belts | Sorting Machine

• Greetings,

first of all, I'm a huge fan of IC² and I'm sad that I've discovered it that late.
    Yet there's something bugging me. You know how there are several industrial machines out there (in real life) that just blow your mind and make processing stuff easy? Well in IC you have to get BuildCraft to do so but how about the following:

Assembly Line

[M]

This is a little Macerator and it's great the way it is right now. But wouldn't it be great if I put an Iron Furnace adjacent to it and the Macerator would try to put its content into the Furnace by itself?

So, the setup could look like this:

.....[M]
    [M] [IF] [M]
    .....[C]

C of course beeing a chest.
    So this way the Macerators would put their stuff into the Furnace (if it's the same material). And the Furnace would put its stuff into the Chest once it's finished.

----

Conveyor Belts.
    Once again getting your own transportation system would be great. A conveyor belt could work like the pipes in BuildCraft, that's all.

----

Sorting Machine

Once again, getting away from BuildCraft a bit (Diamond Pipes), it would be great having a machine that has 1 input and 3 outputs (horizontal).
    The input gets items and the machine would take the part of sorting the items for you and sending them on further conveyor belts or into chests.

---

Thank you for reading and with best regards,
    HypnotoadProductions

Click the Banner to get to my channel!

• Why do you want Alblaka to basically duplicate the features of Buildcraft? They are already compatible with each other as-is.

I don't see an assembly line in BuildCraft, neither conveyor belts.
    Industrial Craft is about machines that (most of the time) kind of exist in real life, so why not add assembly lines, conveyor belts and sorting machines?
    Aren't Miners featured in BuildCraft as well? Aren't Miners with a OD card like little quarries? Aren't Miners with a OV card like bigger quarries?

Surely, you make no sense here. Yes they're compatible, but so is the Timber Mod => Chainsaw, Drill Mod => Drill, JetPack0.3 => JetPack and many, many others.

It's kind of sad to have a good suggestion and instantly a forum troll *sigh*
    If that wasn't trolling then I feel pitty. *checks if there's an ignore function as well*

Click the Banner to get to my channel!

• Official Post

I don't see an assembly line in BuildCraft, neither conveyor belts.
    Industrial Craft is about machines that (most of the time) kind of exist in real life, so why not add assembly lines, conveyor belts and sorting machines?
    Aren't Miners featured in BuildCraft as well? Aren't Miners with a OD card like little quarries? Aren't Miners with a OV card like bigger quarries?

Surely, you make no sense here. Yes they're compatible, but so is the Timber Mod => Chainsaw, Drill Mod => Drill, JetPack0.3 => JetPack and many, many others.

It's kind of sad to have a good suggestion and instantly a forum troll *sigh*
    If that wasn't trolling then I feel pitty. *checks if there's an ignore function as well*

Frankly, Viktor has a valid point. Everything you've said are direct replicas of what buildcraft offers, only with a different visual element. I understand that a lot of features from other mods are duplicated, but these are mods that are not designed specifically with buildcraft/IC in mind.

With the forge platform being opensource, these mods can be fully integrated without the need to replicate features.

On the topic of miners/quarries, these features where both implemented in each mod long before the forge platform became available and integration with other mods was of utterly no concern. Now they are being designed with everyone in mind, we don't have to repeat work.

Btw, Viktor has been around here for a while and has submitted many bug reports and suggestions. Not to mention the fact his comment was a statement of fact and not trolling. Your poor attempt at <sarcasm> 'pity' </sarcasm> is not well recieved by me at all.