Current splitting?

• Hey, I've read everything I can find and haven't come up with a clear answer: When a cable splits, either into a machine or into another cable, is the current (EU/t) split as well, like it was in IC1? For example, if I have a batbox transmitting 32 eu/t, and I split the wire coming out of the batbox into 2, are each of those wires carrying 16eu/t? If I take my 32 eu/t output wire and stick a machine next to it, does the wire now carry only 16eu/t? It's a small thing i suppose, but determines how many machines you can effectively wire in sequence before the last one won't operate for lack of current.

• Actualy, there are an issue... in 1.00...
    16 macerators are powered by the batbox, and some of them are flickering...

Batbox emits only 24 eu/t

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• But now, in that furnace setup with the induction furnace, the IF works much better ^^
    And i think, now that 5x3 grid of macerators will work nice.

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• OK.
    The two pairs of macerators at the edge are taking 1 eu/t each

And interesting thing: if i'll move the batbox closer, macerators will take more power, and now, only four of them are flickering!

• I noticed the same power loss issue. To test, I set up Induction Furnaces like; .=air -=ins. copper,

......|---IF
    ..|--BB--IF
    ..|............
    ..|...|---IF
    LVT--BB--IF
    ..|.............
    ..|--BB--IF
    ......|---IF

LVT was supplied by fully charged MFE delivering 96EU/t.

However, that set up smelted ore faster than I could load it into the furnaces, even with < 100% online.

I did notice one bug worth checking out. When you save/exit and return, the unsmelted ore moves around inside the IF, even to the power provide box.

• That's no more an issue in IC2, just make sure to supply enough energy for continuous operation and keep the loss low.

Could you please be a little clearer? I haven't seen any explicit release notes on this.

1) does splitting a cable currently cut the available current to the two different sides like IC1?
    2) how many different cables can be joined at one juncture?

Thanks!

• Simple solution:
    use 1 bat box for every 8 macerators XD
    thats what I do :P

and Hi there player!
    when ever a stable SMP version comes out I would love to join your server :D