[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• (banner image will go here =P)

ChargePads is an addon that provides new blocks which, when stood upon, will recharge IC2 items that are held in your hand or worn (like batpacks or parts of a nanosuit).

NOTE: Bug-reports and feature requests will no longer be accepted on this forum.
    Please refer to the issue tracker on GitHub.

ChargePads is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Appropriate restrictions are waived for the IC2 team as required by their publishing notes.

Edited 34 times, last by Myrathi: Update: MC 1.6.2, IC2-1.118.401-lf and Forge 789. Now uses a language asset file (Translators HAYO!). ().

• If I may suggest change the recipes of the top two tiers to include the item of the lower tier. So you can't jump straight to tier 3.

• If I may suggest change the recipes of the top two tiers to include the item of the lower tier. So you can't jump straight to tier 3.

I'd considered that when I first worked them out but figured that requiring the actual storage items for the relevant tier in the recipes, themselves, meant that you had to BE at that tier to even consider making them. You can't just skip straight to making the lapotronic pad unless you're already AT tier 3 (since you have to be able to make advanced circuits, carbon plates and an MFSU). They're really just meant to be a useful utility-extension to the storage blocks, themselves, so the stepping-stone concept seemed a bit much?

However, you've hilighted a valid issue: making the next tier of pad would effectively leave you with a lower-tier pad that you've little use for. So, perhaps having a way to upgrade an old pad to the new tier is in order! (that and nattering about this on IRC brought up a nifty idea that having to physically pick up the block to upgrade it could be annoying, too, as you'd lose all the stored EU... soooo, to borrow a concept from IronChests: in-place upgrading via an emitter toolkit, perhaps? I see no reason that's not viable - replacing buffer corners and circuitry shouldn't be THAT hard... so long as you're prepared for the occasional shock if you do it to a fully powered pad. >:])

*adds stuff to his TODO list*

nice, this will definitly be useful
    (p.s: grats on your first addon!)

Good to hear - and thanks. :]

This mod is PERFECT!
    :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Refined Iron: 4.5/5

Woohoo! Diamonds! ;D

• Get them pictures up, I had thought about doing something like this a while ago but never did. You sir are a hero. Now instead of spending forever charging my lapos I can just hold them all and walk away from my computer and come back to them charged.

Error 404: Signature not found!

• Screenshots showing the interfaces of the machines as well as them in use would be helpful.

Those are in progress. :] (though the GUIs are actually based upon the BatBox/MFE/MFSU, with the top slot "permanently in use by the emitter circuit" - so everyone should already be right at home using them).

Get them pictures up, I had thought about doing something like this a while ago but never did. You sir are a hero. Now instead of spending forever charging my lapos I can just hold them all and walk away from my computer and come back to them charged.

For the moment, the pads only charge what you're actually "holding out" (i.e. in your currently selected slot) and whatever you're wearing (if chargable). Charging up anything/everything in your hotbar will, however, be an upgrade (which is already on the TODO list). :]

• Wonderful mod and it seems to work flawless. Well publish for a first mod here or maybe ever I'm not sure your experience hehe.

Here is a video for the people in doubt and feel free to use it in your thread =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPopxKzZ7OA

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I think this addon is just wonderful, I am already in love with it after watching that spotlight!

This is totally to be added to our lan server when I return home ^^

• The moment that IC2 is updated to 1.107 I'll definitely give this mod a go (the current bugs are preventing me from moving up)

• I get an error when i try to install this addon... I just modified the ID of the block due to Forestry conflict, but the rest is the same...

Here the crush report:

Don't think this is another ID conflict... what i did wrong? is my fault or an incompatibility with something? What i should do to make it work?
    Thanks anyway

• hummmm u right... i reset it at 3600 and now it loaded... tnx!
    Btw i think is better for me downgrade Forge a little... Forge 4.1.4.295 is kinda unstable right now... it crash my worlds upon open them... and also CC is incompatible with the last version...

• hummmm u right... i reset it at 3600 and now it loaded... tnx!
    Btw i think is better for me downgrade Forge a little... Forge 4.1.4.295 is kinda unstable right now... it crash my worlds upon open them... and also CC is incompatible with the last version...

Latest CC works great here with the latest forge if you patch the latest forge with Richards Patch:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23386746/ModTextureAnimation.class

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• You did something wrong. Ther'es only 4096 block id's available and you tried to set it to 4250. Keep your block id's less than 4000 and you should be fine :)

• Edited 3 times, last by Myrathi: Update: v2.6.1 (build 80) ().

• Yeah i definitely think you should include the lower tier pad in so that we dont have useless pads lying about in our chest and for balancing reasons of course

oh yeah, thanks for the great mod by the way!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

:Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field: Forcefields: the only place to keep UU!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: