[IC2 Exp][1.6.4][V1.118] Advanced Power Management V1.2.85-IC2_1.118

• Thanks for the screenshots. It's not anything intentional on our part, at least. We currently have no way to control which output faces the transformer emits energy from or how much goes where. What you're seeing is most likely an artifact of either the order in which Minecraft updates tile entities or of the way the IC2 energy network decides where to route EU packets.

For regulating power to evenly distribute between multiple destinations (or to force uneven distribution), you'd want to use one adjustable transformer per destination, with the transfer rate of each one set to the amount of EU you want going to that destination every tick. With multiple outputs from one transformer, there's no guarantee that energy will go where you expect, although as you've shown, it's possible to find configurations which generally behave in a desirable manner.

• Whenever I see your avatar out of the corner of my eye, Pantheis, I always think it is a bird with a person's head on it at first. Then I actually look at it and realize the bird body is just a glove. That disappoints me a little bit.

• Hi!

I'm new to this Forum and I found this cool Addon and I download it but I have a Problem.
    The game crashes every time i start It.

Support and bug reporting:

If Minecraft won't start or crashes while playing, post in this thread for assistance. We will need a copy of the full log file titled "ForgeModLoader-client-0.log" found in your minecraft folder (NOT just the crash log).

If you come across bugs while running this mod, please check the github issues page first. If it's not listed, provide the full log file and any reproduction steps you can. The more details about the setup and conditions you can include, the more useful your report will be. The best case scenario is that you can build something from scratch that will reliably reproduce the bug when you perform specific actions, and you write down all of it from start to finish. Developers love those! :)

• O Sorry :D

Thank you! The issue is you downloaded and installed the wrong version of the mod. The version that shows up in your forge log is AdvancedPowerManagement-1.1.55-IC2_1.112.jar which is for IC2 1.112 and Minecraft 1.4.7.

The Minecraft 1.5.x version is available in the opening post near the top of the post under the "Download" section. It is currently version 1.2.68 for ICS 1.115.

• Hi! I hate to be the idiot but im confused by the adjustable transformer interface. i get the top area is the packet size. But the bottom area... what does that mean? it is rated in EU but accepts a very high number but can only be max of 64? Does it override the top area? Will setting it higher than 32 EU make my LV machines explode?

Is it possible to completely disable a side, say for compact wiring? Or set different sides to different EU/t values?

• Hi! I hate to be the idiot but im confused by the adjustable transformer interface. i get the top area is the packet size. But the bottom area... what does that mean? it is rated in EU but accepts a very high number but can only be max of 64? Does it override the top area? Will setting it higher than 32 EU make my LV machines explode?

Is it possible to completely disable a side, say for compact wiring? Or set different sides to different EU/t values?

You're not being an idiot at all. I'll be happy to help describe this further. I may do a youtube video on it as well since there have been a couple questions on how it works.

Using the screenshots in the opening post as a reference, here's what it does.

Due to limitations of the current IC2 API, there's no way to configure the machine to output a specific packet size in a specific direction. Directions can currently be set to accept energy or output energy, but there's no option to disable the direction. I'll check with Tallinu and see if that's something we can add. I think we can but we have to look over the IC2 API.

As for the packet size and transfer rate, you'll need to understand how the EU network works. An insulated copper wire can carry LV sized packets without burning out. That's the top option (Packet size). The bottom is the transfer rate, which a max of 64 packets emitted each game tick (1/20th of a second if running at full tick speed). If you have enough energy input, you can set the packet size to 32 (LV max) and run up to 64 packets a tick of energy through that copper wire, or 2048 TOTAL energy a tick. That's spread out over 64 packets, each 32 EU.

When a machine or cable or other EU compatible device indicates a maximum like "LV" or "MV", what they are (usually) really saying is maximum packet size. The number of packets sent over a wire seems to only be limited by how much lag you want as each packet requires some processing time. We've limited our interface to 64 packets a tick because we thought anything more was just insane. 64 may be too much as it is.

• So the bottom field is the total power (ie: 32 x 64 = 2048 - so you would put 2048 in the box)? or packets per tick (ie: you would put 64 in the box at 32 eu/t for 2048 total power)?

It's rated in EU, which means it's the total power. You'll find that the interface automatically limits the maximum value you can set in that field to 64 times whatever packet size you select. For example, 32 (LV) times 64 is 2048, so if you are using LV output you won't be able to set it to transmit more than 2048 EU per tick.

I hope that helps clear things up!

(The way the transformer functions is to send out packets one after another at the voltage setting until either nothing accepts the packet it tried to send, or the total amount of EU sent equals the transfer rate, or it runs out of buffered EU and can't send any more during that particular tick.)

• It's rated in EU, which means it's the total power. You'll find that the interface automatically limits the maximum value you can set in that field to 64 times whatever packet size you select. For example, 32 (LV) times 64 is 2048, so if you are using LV output you won't be able to set it to transmit more than 2048 EU per tick.

I hope that helps clear things up!

(The way the transformer functions is to send out packets one after another at the voltage setting until either nothing accepts the packet it tried to send, or the total amount of EU sent equals the transfer rate, or it runs out of buffered EU and can't send any more during that particular tick.)

It does help, thanks a lot. Sorry for the silly questions.

• There are not silly questions. It just means we need to do a better job of explaining how to use it and what it does. :) I'll be working on a short Youtube clip soon(ish) to show off the transformer.

-edit-
    By the way, I love seeing our mod show up in Let's Plays! :) So cool to see people using and liking it! :)

• I took all other mods away and there is only IC2. I download the Version 1.115.287 but Minecraft still crashed.

"The crash was caused somewhere in 2013-06-19 18:00:07 [INFO] [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ic2.api.tile.IEnergyStorage"

This should just not happen.

"Found a candidate zip or jar file industrialcraft-2_1.115.287-lf.jar"

This is most likely the problem. The version of IC2 you have installed isn't right. You need at least IC2 1.115.295. Try updating to the latest IC2 release listed at http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/

• I'm having an issue with APM. Specifically with the charging bench GUI in combination with Galacticraft. This is with version 1.2.68 on MC 1.5.2/Forge 716.

The issue is that armour does not show up in the charging bench; further, if you double click charged armour from the charging bench back into the armour slots, they go into the Galacticraft accessory slots.

Any ideas on a solution? I'm not quite sure how mods make use of the various slots laid out on the inventory.png so I don't quite know how to fix this myself.

• I'm having an issue with APM. Specifically with the charging bench GUI in combination with Galacticraft. This is with version 1.2.68 on MC 1.5.2/Forge 716.

The issue is that armour does not show up in the charging bench; further, if you double click charged armour from the charging bench back into the armour slots, they go into the Galacticraft accessory slots.

Any ideas on a solution? I'm not quite sure how mods make use of the various slots laid out on the inventory.png so I don't quite know how to fix this myself.

The APM Charging Bench directly displays the base game inventory slots associated with the players armor slots and attempts to move items in and out of those slots back to the first available main inventory space. If armor isn't showing up in the Charging Bench player slots on the left, but do show up when you open your inventory screen, and this only happens with Galacticraft installed, it's possible that they are doing something weird with the inventory. I'm not sure there's much I can do on my side to fix this.

• I am trying to track down what is causing this issue, for steps to reproduce it. I understand this mod is for 1.115.

In 1.116 (from at least .383) sometimes the adjustable transformer simply refuses to output energy. I thought maybe it was construction foam interfering with the operation of glass cables (as there was a crash related to foam) but even directly connecting a machine to the output side of the transformer it still refuses to output. Yes I checked the obvious and even switched input/output sides around with the GUI - changed voltages and packets and only relogging or breaking and replacing the bugged transformer works (then only for a short time). The portable scanner shows there is a demand for energy but none being sent.

Not expecting any kind of fix but just letting you know there is a problem somewhere in there for more recent IC2 versions.

disregard. the issue is still occurring with a regular transformer

• Thanks for the bug report, and the update about the issue. I really do appreciate it because we want to make sure the mod operates as expected, without bugs. If the problem gets fixed with the regular transformer and ours still continues to have issues, definitely let us know. The thread may be quiet but we do monitor it and the github issues tracker and will address things that pop up.

Also, just to head it off because I know the question will get asked, yes, we will be updating APM to Minecraft 1.6 and whatever version of IC2 comes out. While we did use srgnames, the new resource pack and launcher updates in MC 1.6 will require most mods to update.