Generator keeps producing power even after it's full and all cables have been cut from energy storage blocks!!!

• If I place down a storage block, connect it to the generator, and add fuel to convert to energy, the generator will place the energy in the storage block. Then, if I destroy the cables connecting the two blocks, the generator will still continue to produce energy, and that energy will somehow still continue to be stored in the storage block. If I restart the client, then the generator will properly produce energy and store it in itself. If I connect the two blocks again by cable, and destroy that cable, then the problem reappears. The generator becomes "bound" to the storage block once again, and no matter what I do, it'll continue to drain fuel and produce energy and magically store that energy in the storage block with no cables around.

If, instead, I destroy the storage block, the generator will STILL continue to produce energy. However, that energy won't be stored in the generator itself. It's as if the game thinks that the storage block still exists, and it's outputting that energy into that non-existing storage block, so the energy being produced is actually vanishing into thin air. If I restart the client, then the generator will properly start to store the energy in itself, but if I connect it to a storage block and destroy the storage block, then once again the generator doesn't change behavior. It continues to produce energy, energy which isn't stored in the generator itself. My guess is that the energy is placed in a "ghost" storage block, but since that block doesn't exist anymore, the energy simply disappears.

Lastly, if I reset the client and find that the generator is storing its output in itself, and let it fill, then the generator will stop producing power once it's full (as it was intended). Then, if connect it to a storage block and cut the cables / destroy the storage block, it will continue to produce power if there's any fuel left, and it won't refill itself!! if no fuel is left, it'll drain the energy that is stored!! even though there's no destination for the energy to go!!!

How do I fix this?!?!?

edit: I'm using IC2 1.103 and Forge 3.4.9.171 for MC 1.2.5

• See the search bar at the top right? USE IT!
    don't say you did cause you obviously didn't!

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• What you're seeing is the bug initially reported under the obscure and opaque name of "#103 ghosts". What's happening is the EnergyNet part of IC2 (that which is tasked with moving EUs around through cables and storage blocks) is failing to notice when parts of it are removed (like cables, or storage blocks).

The bug is still present in IC2 1.106, but will apparently be fixed in the next release. Probably.

• What you're seeing is the bug initially reported under the obscure and opaque name of "#103 ghosts". What's happening is the EnergyNet part of IC2 (that which is tasked with moving EUs around through cables and storage blocks) is failing to notice when parts of it are removed (like cables, or storage blocks).

The bug is still present in IC2 1.106, but will apparently be fixed in the next release. Probably.

I've looked through the link you provided and also did a bit of additional searching by myself but I haven't found any hard fix to it... no links, no downloads, no guides, nothing. Just a bunch of people reporting the problem and maybe 1 or 2 tech guys speculating as to what it may be or what may be causing it.

Is there really no fix for this? I can't update it past 1.103 since I'm not using MC 1.3.2. Doesn't seem that the bug is present in earlier versions though... should I downgrade to an earlier IC2 version?

• Sorry, we all have a tendency to be complete assholes when people post about the same bugs over and over again :P

Unfortunately there's no fix for it at the moment. The devs have cooked up a fix and are working on a new release with the fixes. There is no way to fix it at the moment unless you downgrade.

• There is no way to fix it at the moment unless you downgrade.

Didn't RawCode have a fix for it in his bugfix "addon"?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l