(sort of) [BUG] - Treecapitator breaks my chainsaws!

• Hey guys.

I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but I'm too lazy to search today.

Last night (maybe it was two nights ago), I was using my chainsaw (set up, as mentioned, to be accepted as one of Treecapitator's "axes") to cut down one of those big-ass oak trees that spawn every now and again at my outpost's tree farm. The moment it finished cutting, however, the chainsaw broke! Even wearing a completely-filled Lappack!

Granted, Connected Destruction IS on, and they are the BIG trees, as previously noted, but even so, I thought the combination of a fully-filled chainsaw and a Lappack would counter the chainsaw running out of juice - the idea that the chainsaw would BREAK, however, was unexpected.

I dunno what all we could do to fix this, as Treecapitator's one of my core mods that I never go without. About the only thing that comes to mind is that I noticed the Lappack fills the chainsaw when it cuts the tree, but then the chainsaw drains however much energy it took to cut the tree down. But reversing the order sounds like it wouldn't solve much of anything, and may actually cause more problems.

• I'm not certain if there is a way to fix it, I think the lappack refills the chainsaw's eus on a block being hit, and as no blocks are being hit it causes the damage value to go negative

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

I think treecapitator does damage on tools equal to number of logs broken.
    If damage is too big (above 27) it will surely break tool as it makes its metadata (which should be tool damage) go down to zero/negative value, making it break as it were a normal tool.

• I think treecapitator does damage on tools equal to number of logs broken.
    If damage is too big (above 27) it will surely break tool as it makes its metadata (which should be tool damage) go down to zero/negative value, making it break as it were a normal tool.

Yea this is what i was think it was, I can confirm that treecapitator does "Damage" based on how many logs are broken.
    Because it does so much damage it destroys the tool before the lap pack can charge it.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"