Sugestion: Added realism to Reactors

• I have a feeling that you are talking about something you are lacking knowledge of.

Two questions. What is "winning"? What were your favorite breeder design in 1.2.5?

Answer 1: I define it as a satisfactory completion of a task in terms of the person doing the task. In some games (recent sonic games+ Pokemon) i strive to be a completionist and do everything possible

Answer 2: I never used breeders as I had enough power from geo-thermals, water mills, MV solar arrays and prototype Super Fuel, I never needed a reactor. To say nothing of the fact i had a hard time finding enough Uranium

• Answer 1: I define it as a satisfactory completion of a task in terms of the person doing the task. In some games (recent sonic games+ Pokemon) i strive to be a completionist and do everything possible

Answer 2: I never used breeders as I had enough power from geo-thermals, water mills, MV solar arrays and prototype Super Fuel, I never needed a reactor. To say nothing of the fact i had a hard time finding enough Uranium

Err, questions were not for you:) I just wanted to point that without effective breeders giving you 7x uranium, you just can't feed casuc, and effective breeder was something very few people did. And that making billion or two EUs in MC is not "winning", so you can't "win" by just building a simple casuc.

"Winbutton" is actually Windmills+tin buckets+alloy furnace :) My CASUC was collecting dust in 1.2.5 because it was just not making much difference with 8 windmill pillars working.

• Err, questions were not for you:) I just wanted to point that without effective breeders giving you 7x uranium, you just can't feed casuc, and effective breeder was something very few people did. And that making billion or two EUs in MC is not "winning", so you can't "win" by just building a simple casuc.

"Winbutton" is actually Windmills+tin buckets+alloy furnace :) My CASUC was collecting dust in 1.2.5 because it was just not making much difference with 8 windmill pillars working.

sorry

• 1. Cooling with water inside reactor (realistic) is disabled

... Realistic ? IRL, it has to be done when ... this is your last chance. Look at Fukushima. By the way, it has been removed because it was OP.

2. Cooling with ice inside reactor (realistic) is disabled

That was just stupid (if you were creating Ice with Compressor + Pumps, and plz do not talk about EE --' ) since the numbers of compressor/pumps was high (it could have been more Solar Pannels ...), the number of cable + Pipes too (and if you got RP, you would just had used WaterBucket CASUC, not Ice one). And it's not realistic thinking the energy needed to produce ice in order to cool a nuclear reactor is probabbly bigger than energy produced by the Reactor.

3. Cooling with water outside reactor (realistic) is disabled

That was realistic (a bit), yes. But if you really want realism, you should think too about radioactivity --> second water circuits. And that was annoying to put all the Watersources around the reactor, thinking it happened very often to me to make it evaporate ( I was quite dangerous with my breeders, yes ^^ ). And external cooling was also boring for breeding (air cooling down by 0.1 :p )

4. Cooling with vents (unrealistic) is now mandatory (alternatives are even more unrealistic)

Just think it makes the heat go out by integrated water circuits. And in fact, it's easier than coolant cells to deal with, thinking coolant cells were cooling component AND heat absorbers. And if you really think, as I quote you after, that "realistic in this context is not just "like in reality" but also "like in Minecraft", you should have thought Minecraft do not care if vent or water-based coolants cells are cooling down, real life only does.
    Moreover, I find it more realistic now, because IRL water cooldown by EVAPORATING (=disapearing for coolant cells). Okay, we could argue on this because water can transmit heat and not evaporate, but ... did you create the circuits to make the coolant cells transmitting heat to another circuit ? No, you just put coolant cell in your Nuclear Reactor, and it was supposed that heat was disapearing by itself.

5. Cooling with redstone and lapis (extremely unrealistic) are presented as a replacement for cooling with water. Insult to injury

It can seems you unrealistic but ... this is a HAYO-ish ununderstandable way of cooling down, still not discovered by our civilization, as we didn't discover yet Quantum Suit, Energy Storage device without any losses ...

6. Heating cells (even more unrealistic) added and is mandatory for breeding. What they do is great, but it would be better done with items that cool instead

Nope. I like what they actually do, and do not think it should be replaced by items cooling instead. There's no argue here it seems ...

And, "realistic" in this context is not just "like in reality", but also "like in Minecraft". Cooling with water is a part of vanilla Minecraft (water cools lava), and part of many mods (water is coolant in BC and RP). Heat=energy is a part of Minecraft (furnaces), even more so for IC (generators, thermal generators) and other mods (BC engines, RP thermopiles, etc). So, 1.3.2 reactors design contradicts established Minecraft traditions too. I'd go on (and on, and on), but again, it's a too big topic to discuss it here.

Nuclear rework has been done for:
    Balancing game (avoiding easy-to-get CASUC but buffing IC²-Vanilla Nuclear Reactor)
    Adding some new components to play with (because many players like having more component, just because Nuclear Reactor is like a game in the game. And we have to go deeper.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• That was just stupid (if you were creating Ice with Compressor + Pumps, and plz do not talk about EE --' ) since the numbers of compressor/pumps was high (it could have been more Solar Pannels ...), the number of cable + Pipes too (and if you got RP, you would just had used WaterBucket CASUC, not Ice one). And it's not realistic thinking the energy needed to produce ice in order to cool a nuclear reactor is probabbly bigger than energy produced by the Reactor.

You know how to make a good breeder in 1.2.5 without ice cooling? By "good" I mean one that breeds 8 cells per one used and make dozens per cycle.
    In 1.3.2 breeding is trivial (and boring), so I'd not care much if ice is not working.

• You know how to make a good breeder in 1.2.5 without ice cooling? By "good" I mean one that breeds 8 cells per one used and make dozens per cycle.
    In 1.3.2 breeding is trivial (and boring), so I'd not care much if ice is not working.

Lol, still that "I'm very skilled as a nuclear engineer".And you really think it. Of course I know. It can be done with Waterbucket CASUC and can be reached without, with cooling component. It's just harder to deal with, because more dangerous.
    Edit: Oops, I forget "dozens per cycle". That I guess cannot be done without CASUC cooling.
    And what I would personnaly call a good breeder is something that do not use Ura to heat. Make your "good breeder" + heating by lava sources (out of the reactor ^^) and that will really be a good breeder.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I wish people would actually quote me saying "We did not implement CASUC as previous because there will be a more advanced coolant system" and not "We removed CASUC"

• I wish people would actually quote me saying "We did not implement CASUC as previous because there will be a more advanced coolant system" and not "We removed CASUC"

It took me a while to understand that those LHZ components are the new Casuc components, they are just a little more difficult to use and more expensive. (Although some calculations says the expensive part its relative to how much efficiency you have with your generator with UU matter production)

• "We did not implement CASUC as previous because there will be a more advanced coolant system"

I quoted it, it's done now. But I didnt know that was a feature ^^. (Thinking it cost less in Energy--> UUM with scrap than what it make you able to provide.)

But sadly, it's OP with EE as Ice cooling was. (I hate EE, especially because of that easy way of creating CASUC)
    Edit: Lol, when I posted that FenixR had just 1000 post more than me.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!