Ecological scale !!!

• It doesn't need to have something visible it could be like in that... Magicraft..or smth when you purify crystals they pollutes environment (aura) so bat thins starts to happen to avoid it i usually build those filters which forms chimney like structures so power plants could become nice with filters on top, my idea in this post that it is quite possible without heavy changes just add pollution level var to every chunk, trees could reduce it (if not too high cause the pollution can kill even trees and hurt player) so for ex nuclear explosion could set that var really high, you wouldn't even need radiation it just be high pollution and while you are in chunk you are getting poison and stuff.. So go someone start making addon while ic team decides this idea.

ThaumCraft?

• nuclear energy is safef! .... oh wait ... Harrisburg, Chernobyl, Fukushima, fuuuu.. and our german friends should know the problem Asse actually they can't find room 7 filled with nuclear waste...
    There are no safe place for the waste. Every Mountain is moving, every time.
    But in Minecraft there is no problem. We have excellent wooden chests! HAYO

There are some ideas too recycle the uran again and again. But this don't work at the moment...

anyway

Storage Boxes are boring. Want flowing water to build a big pumped storage power plant.

Why are lava gens so clean?

all lovers of nuclear waste and New Vegas take a look at: ICBM There is radiation implemented.

• Well ... your post is quite ununderstandable, as it seems not to follow any sort of logic ... To be honest, I thought at First you was a Hyper-advanced SpamBot ...

And as pumping water as Storage devices ... it could work with Railcraft (I've already also thought about it) but with IC² alone, it's hard to do ... the question is: has it enough interest to be considered ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Well ... your post is quite ununderstandable, as it seems not to follow any sort of logic ... To be honest, I thought at First you was a Hyper-advanced SpamBot ...

And as pumping water as Storage devices ... it could work with Railcraft (I've already also thought about it) but with IC² alone, it's hard to do ... the question is: has it enough interest to be considered ?

what do not have logic,is i spend hours burning coal in a generator and not pollute the air.

I a spambot...seriously, you is incomprehensible.

"Sustainability is everything"

• I'm saying to create a more powerful and expensive watermill to build something like a hydroelectric powerplant.

"Sustainability is everything"

Edited once, last by Thiago1505 ().

• what do not have logic,is i spend hours burning coal in a generator and not pollute the air.

I a spambot...seriously, you is incomprehensible.

... You forget the verbs in your first sentence, and we say you ARE ^^
    But ... what do you understand ? I didn't meant you so ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• WOAH WOAH WOAH! Before anyone gets confused, MatLaPatate thought Temdur_XXIV was a spambot, not you. And, since I'm replying anyway, sounds nice, has been denied.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

Edited once, last by Nanomanz: Fixed MatLaPatate's stupid name :D ().

• MatLa

It doesn't mean anything like that ... In french, it means "Mat The" ... when qoting my username, you should just say "Mat" or MatLaPatate entirely ^^ (wich means ... Mat The Potatoes, with a rime ^^)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I' saying for create a walter mill more porwerful and expensive,for create some constructions LIKE an hydroelectricity.
    I'm saying to create a more powerful and expensive watermill to build something like a hydroelectric powerplant.

Water mills will be reworked (no idea when, but i remember it is on "rework" list, like luminators). Hydroelectrics like RL are kinda impossible without major rework of water code (like Finite liquid mod + watermill integration).

Seu inglês é ruim cara, por favor da um jeito ai. Ta dificil até pra mim entender. Como escrever em verde =D.

• This is my opinion.

I think this is a great Idea. It actually makes it much more interesting and realistic.
    Also, If certain generators worked better or worse in certain biomes, that would be awesome.

so this is what I think:

there are 3 types of "regular generators" now:
    Generators that use coal
    Generators that use natural gas (not sure how you would exactly obtain it)
    and generators that use oil.

all 3 of them have just as much output and pollute just as much.

List of clean generators:
    solar panels
    windmills
    Geothermal generators
    water mills

List of "bad" generators:
    the 3 listed earlier

Ones that don't necessarily fall in any category:
    Nuclear reactors.

I think that nuclear reactors should produce nuclear waste.
    The waste, just like in real life, would have to be stored somewhere.
    You can't process them in recyclers.
    You can't put them in normal chest.

what you have to do is craft a chest that is designed to hold nuclear waste (I don't exactly know what the crafting recipe would be) and nuclear waste doesn't stack so If you were to run solely off of nuclear power, you would need A LOT of those chests.

So, yeah. my thought. whatever.

But I think this is a GREAT Idea!!! :D

• Official Post

I think that nuclear reactors should produce nuclear waste.
    The waste, just like in real life, would have to be stored somewhere.
    You can't process them in recyclers.
    You can't put them in normal chest.

what you have to do is craft a chest that is designed to hold nuclear waste (I don't exactly know what the crafting recipe would be) and nuclear waste doesn't stack so If you were to run solely off of nuclear power, you would need A LOT of those chests.

Throw that nuclear waste on lava aaaaaaaaaaand it is gone!

• Official Post

If nuclear reactors\uranium block\chests containing uranium stuff "contaminates" nearby blocks making them like ICBM block (Poison, spread slowly) + Cacti damage + very long time to remove it, then it would be a real issue =)

• Official Post

Only if you stay nearby ground zero, you can always move your base far enough so the contaminated chunks get unloaded making it, again, a non issue.

Sure you can move your base, but moving a tier 2 - 3 factory (which uses nuclear reactors as energy source) is a big problem.
    Of course there would be something like lead blocks (or iridium) to hold the radiation spread. However if for any random reason (griefing, creeper, meltdown...) the containment is broken it would become huge scale problem =D .

• nuclear electricity ha had the least amount of fatalities in any power industry.
    oil, coal, gas... all have had over 1000 accidents. nuclear has only had about 20 or 30 accidents. bear that in mind when evaluating the safety of wombat nuclear power, as it is actually te safet form of generation. waste? douse it in water for about 5 years, then seal in a tank and throw in ocean!

• Official Post

waste? douse it in water for about 5 years, then seal in a tank and throw in ocean!

After some time radiative isotopes will break the tank and be released on the enviroment, better not doing it. Thats why actual waste (UF6) tanks are not thrown into the ocean and have long-term maintenance.

• After some time radiative isotopes will break the tank and be released on the enviroment, better not doing it. Thats why actual waste (UF6) tanks are not thrown into the ocean and have long-term maintenance.

Really? well then, I am in a whole LOT of trouble. anyone have a nuclear-waste-from-bottom-of-ocean retrieval ship I can borrow?*looks back at reactor* WOW that's a lot of output. what the.... ok, that's WAY too much waste... *turns back to SpwnX* aaaand a processing facility too? come to think of it, I never even built a reactor.... ok, WHERE IS THIS WASTE COMING FROM?