Mass Fabricator Exploding

• FYI I am running my own home server. I am asking around to see if this has been seen before.

I am new to this board and maybe someone has had the same problem and me. But I am using Red Power 2, IC2, ADV machines, Compact Solars and a few others. But I have created a UU Generator by using 5 HV solar arrays on top of 5 MFSU storage units that feed directly into the mass fab and then another 5 HV solar array with 5 MFSU storage units that has 3x hv cable that goes between mass fab units to provide extra power. What i have also done is have Red Power Pneumatic tubes connected to the Fabs with retrievers sucking the UU matter and sticking them into chests. I thought about making a scrap generator that using a cobblestone generator which ive seen somewhere on the internet that uses block breakers, lava and water with a red alloy wire connected up to a timer. Well i thought i could use that then using tubing to pipe from cobblestone generator into a recycler (using hv solar and msfus to power it) then using a retriever to take it from the recycler into chests, from the chests to another set of retrievers that inject it on the bottom of the Mass Fabb to generate a faster UU. But if you space the timing of the scrap by 40 seconds you wont overload it but....I do not know why but it overloads when you are sending massive scrap to the Mass Fabs and it takes a portion of the UU generator with it. Do mind you i know there is 2 separate pictures i got tired of redoing the ground. I am sorry the pictures are kinda messed up but its all i can do to get them small enough for the forums.

Dog_K9

• What? I can't understand what your problem is, if you want to know why your mass fab is exploding (if that is the problem) then post pictures of your IC2 setup, not ones of your Redpower works. So two things, what is your problem, and why is this in the IndustrialCraft section if it is a Support request?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• "what is your problem, and why is this in the IndustrialCraft section if it is a Support request? " I want to know if anyone has this same issue that's all??? If you would have looked there are pictures of My IC2 setup. I am trying to show the whole setup but i am limited on attachment space so excuse me. Why don't you look at my rating level and see that i am a newbie at this forums.. Thanks and have a nice day... :wacko:

• Yes, but what problem are you having? The title of this thread is Mass Fabricator Exploding, considering that the Mass Fabricator does explode, are you talking about it literally going boom, or do you mean something else?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• A. Is this a known bug?

B. What is causing the Fab to Blow and why? Just because I am injecting lots of scrap doesnt say a whole lot because I dont know. Examples (heat like on a nuclear reactor etc...)

• If massfabs explode with EV then how does Chickenbones manage to make a 140,000 EU/T solar spammer last DW20 season?

• Official Post

If massfabs explode with EV then how does Chickenbones manage to make a 140,000 EU/T solar spammer last DW20 season?

Because those 140.000 EU/Tick are split into about 273 512EU/Packets (HV). Mass fabricator explodes if it receives more than 2048 EU/Packet [Reverted HV transformer or anything that outputs 2048 EU/packet per tick {GregTech A.E.S.U , I.D.S.U]

One solar panel emits 1 EU packet per tick, he probably uses Reverted MV transformers to transform 512 1 EU packets and transform into 1 512 EU packet.
    I do that with windmills and i get over 10.000 EU/t in my massfab (6400 wind mills)

That is a common misunderstanding of EU/packet and EU/tick. Eu-reader measures the sum of all packets flowing in the cable and shows as EU/tick.