Looking for a couple of things

• Hey folks, I've been playing around with IC2 the last few days but I'm still fairly new to it. The first thing I wanted to see is if there's some alternative to using redstone. I'd like to avoid laying down trails of redstone when possible, like when I have my nuclear reactors to turn on and off.

The other thing involves the Nether. I know that the Teleporters in IC2 don't enable travel between the Overworld and the Nether, but I was wondering if there might be some addon that allowed that kind of thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• For the redstone thing, there are splitter cables and detector cables, if that's what you are looking for. On the inter-dimensional teleportation, sorry, as of now there are no addons that allow transportation of players from one dimension to another.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• On the inter-dimensional teleportation, sorry, as of now there are no addons that allow transportation of players from one dimension to another.

In terms of addons for IC2, yes, there are none.

However, if you're willing to install Mystcraft, then there are portals/link books you can create to travel between dimensions and to your own target destination in said other dimensions (if that's the functionality you're looking for, Omne).

• Official Post

if you don't want to lay paths of redstone there are two options: Use cables from Red power2 or if you absolutly don't want to wire the stuff up use Wireless redstone.

• Yeah, I just set up a wireless redstone mod last night and it is so much better.

I'll have to check out Mystcraft. Loved those games so why not? :P