Small Luminator alteration.

• :S i am not sure was this topic here before....your forum is big....so sr in advance....
    Ok i have good understanding of IC in general and find it quite realistic and fun.
    But 1 lil thing allways dont feel right for me personally - Luminator.
    To be more specific - its ability to store energy....its just lightbulb is in it? Lightbulb in your lamps at home store energy? No.
    So i just want change Luminator EU storage to say to 1 EU...so it start behave like real lightbulb.
    Problem is i am not MC moder at all...well i know basics...like MC is made in JAVA and ect... :S
    So if any moder here willing to point me in right direction, specifically witch file and where in IC2 mod to alter and with witch tool, i will really appreciate that.
    ~~Added~~
    I just wona do it for my self....not planing to make addon and ect.
    Thanks in advance, and hi from Russia :)

• The problem is when you need one to work without a cable. What do you do then?

Why you should use luminator without cable when you can use torch or glowstone?

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• I dont need to you see....i just want all light in my mines work like in real....no power=no light thats all.
    I like hardcore and realism....thats it.
    If i gona need portable ligth source then gona use some other mod or tool.

• what you want is pretty simple, if you want I could make it for you and pm it to you in a jiffy
    if you want to make it, well, then it's alot more complex

I am fine to do it my self....as i undestand i need to just change few numbers in some .class or ect. file in mod jar/zip
    just point me where to look and more inportant what to use do make changes.
    I allready look in IC2 mod zip. There BlockLuminator.claass and BlockLuminatorOLD.class. Is that it?
    Notepad++ i guess to good to make changes? I look and what it gives me and think its wrong.

• no, no, no, it's alot more complex than that, you have to decompile ic2 with mcp, fix about 50 or so minor bugs, make your changes, (which are a bit more than just one) and then recompile and reobfuscate,
    or I could just pm it to you (I've already finished)

• no, no, no, it's alot more complex than that, you have to decompile ic2 with mcp, fix about 50 or so minor bugs, make your changes, (which are a bit more than just one) and then recompile and reobfuscate,
    or I could just pm it to you (I've already finished)

8| :wacko: .....one number in 1 block from 10000 to 1 need to do all that?.....sounds like making own mod....not logical.
    Well if you are done it "huh" TY....and its up to you to PM or just post it here.
    But still can you explain what you do just lil bit? What is MCP for start?....i just cant be not curious in this. :)

• i'll post it here so anyone can use it

ok, the reason you need to go through all that is that the class files are in a code that the computer understands, not people
    decompiling changes it into something we can understand,
    MCP is a tool called MinecraftCoderPack that does the decompiling, recompiling, and reobfuscating for you
    You also have to use a special method that is described in GregoriousT's profile, to decompile ic2
    Then you need to learn java and how to code in MC,
    then you recompile, reobfuscate and you have an addon
    (and then come the bugs ;) )

• Well it works ty. But 1 bug creeped here all ready lol
    I know you just mashed it together fast....but still you made addon, and i am reporting bug i guess :S
    Any how.
    When i use Splitter cable it turn it ON and OFF just fine.
    But if use it with just direct cable input, power source - cable block 1 - cable block 2 - luminator, when i remove cable block 1 luminator remains ON....and its looks like its gona be forever powet in it)) Tested for like 5 mins and going.
    But still TY WM :thumbup: ....i plan to play alone any how....since its rare to see ppl as hardcore and RL lover as me in MC....so no need for SMP here.
    Finaly another aspect of real surv mining added to my collection :D

• The small luminator alteration i would like done is to change the hit box for breaking to be the same as the model, accidentally breaking it when trying to hit the block next to it is rather annoying...

• I loved the idea of your little tweak! It is exactly what I have been looking for. However, could you do it agin for the newest IC2 build (219). They juste fixed them and your file wont work anymore. Sorry for asking, I would do it my self, but I have no Idea how to.