Help with Forge

• Just thought I'd share this knowledge:

The last forge for 1.3.2 is Forge 4.3.5.318 ( build 318 )
    It does not have a star in the Jenkins page ( build 303 is the last recommended one for 1.3.2 ) but it is the final 1.3.2 build and between 303 and 318 there was one update where Richard G was mentioned ( hello Richard G )
    The last forge for 1.4.2 is Forge 6.0.1.355 ( Build 355 )
    Many mods recommend using Forge 353 but I've not yet encountered one that works on 353 but not on 355 and 355 also seems to fix that nasty error in server tick loop crash :

wich I used to get on 353
    To get Forge go here:
    http://files.minecraftforge.net/
    This page is never down and has changelogs and everything.

Hope this helps you.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

Edited 3 times, last by mcmz4e: who knew that 8 and ) form a smiley?...I didn't ().

• DO NOT USE THE JENKINS

Kind request from OvermindDL1 who is having problems with the jenkins being hammered.

Are you saying that Jenkins is getting a real DDOS ( real as in not simulated by an idiot hacker ) by all the users trying to get the latest forge/changelogs?
    That is cool !!! I've never heard of a site being taken down by people that are actually trying to get the content.....normally it's bad people trying to take the site down.
    It must be a really good sign for Forge.
    That moment when your download page is being DDOS -ed by people who are actually trying to get the content....Priceless.

I bet He would have less trouble with Jenkins if the changelogs would also be available on the http://files.minecraftforge.net/

Edited 2 times, last by mcmz4e ().

• At least they are legit users (hopefully) and not someone who's nabbed the source to the Anon's HOIC and is pissed off at Forge for whatever reason. THAT would be scary as hell.

• I see he took my idea...even found a way to monetize better ( although that's a bit annoying...going through adfly for every single changelog)
    my bad...spoke too soon...posted that wile adfly was loading...it's a comasated one ...it's all good

• At least they are legit users (hopefully) and not someone who's nabbed the source to the Anon's HOIC and is pissed off at Forge for whatever reason. THAT would be scary as hell.

Its LOIC btw. Low Orbit Ion Cannon, no idea why that name was chosen, but damn is it cool sounding. I once downloaded LOIC just for fun. Turns out that shit works. I targetted by own website, needless to say it worked. I am glad that Forge is getting all that traffic, and that the changelogs are still available, I need to read those things to see when bugs get fixed.

• @above HOIC does exist, however its source was pretty much taken off the web due to its capabilities

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Its LOIC btw. Low Orbit Ion Cannon, no idea why that name was chosen, but damn is it cool sounding. I once downloaded LOIC just for fun. Turns out that shit works. I targetted by own website, needless to say it worked. I am glad that Forge is getting all that traffic, and that the changelogs are still available, I need to read those things to see when bugs get fixed.

I'm well aware of the LOIC. I just remember reading about a modified version of the Low Orbit Ion Cannon somewhere that was apparently a hell of a lot more efficient and powerful than the LOIC being called the High Orbit Ion Cannon. I'll look around for the article.

I tested the LOIC myself as well and my god that thing took down the website belonging to...well, that's another story.

Pointless to say, I'm glad that Forge is getting all of this attention.

EDIT: Found the article: http://gizmodo.com/5883146/what-is-hoic

• Dear god, I just read that article and now I have to see what HOIC looks like. I found LOIC to be very effective. To think that HOIC is an improved version gives me a shivers. And you are an evil human being, I just downloaded it, I know have to resist the temptation to take it for a test drive. Not that I would ever do such a thing, but are the IC2 forums & wiki HOIC & LOIC proofed?

Anyway, this is way off topic. Back to creating my own custom Minecraft skin and totally not digitally nuking the shit out of stuff.

• I just downloaded it, I know have to resist the temptation to take it for a test drive.

Where did you find it? (rhetorical, not interested in downloading a virtual weapon) I thought they tried to scrub all traces of the source code from the internet.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• HOIC is a fork of LOIC with added features from what I know

Primary among those added features are the "booster scripts."

Dear god, I just read that article and now I have to see what HOIC looks like. I found LOIC to be very effective. To think that HOIC is an improved version gives me a shivers. And you are an evil human being, I just downloaded it, I know have to resist the temptation to take it for a test drive. Not that I would ever do such a thing, but are the IC2 forums & wiki HOIC & LOIC proofed?

Anyway, this is way off topic. Back to creating my own custom Minecraft skin and totally not digitally nuking the shit out of stuff.

A lot of internet servers know how to deal with the LOIC, but very few can deal with an HOIC attack as far as I know.