How to test with ic2

• Hey I'm just messing around with mcp and trying to use the ic2 api. Is there a way to add ic2 to my dev build? I've tried putting it in the mcp/jars/mods folder though it crashes, and nei seems to crash as well so I'm thinking it isn't a bug in the mod but how i'm adding it to my dev build. Anyone have advice?

• I'm having trouble following greg's instructions. It always gives me this error: "ERROR: duplicate entry: net/minecraft/client/gui/achievement/GuiAchievements.class" and I don't know what I should do to fix it.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• You can use immibis' BON to deobfuscate the mod, then it will work correctly inside your mods folder in your eclipse environment (or you can add the deobfuscated jar to your classpath and get the same result).

In my development environment, I added the API to my build path, and added the deobfuscated jar to my classpath in my run configuration. It lets you skip the decompilation step thus less probability of error.

• You can use immibis' BON to deobfuscate the mod, then it will work correctly inside your mods folder in your eclipse environment (or you can add the deobfuscated jar to your classpath and get the same result).

In my development environment, I added the API to my build path, and added the deobfuscated jar to my classpath in my run configuration. It lets you skip the decompilation step thus less probability of error.

Did you try that out? I tried exactly this and it refused to compile for me when placed in the mods folder in a 1.4.7 MCP environment.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• If it failed in your mods folder, try adding the deobfuscated .jar to your classpath in your ecplise run configuration instead.

Also, thinking about this, it may have failed because the META-INF folder inside ic2.jar was not removed. If I remember correctly, the first time I tried it I didn't delete that folder and it crashed on startup.

• BON however does not let you run it in eclipse if you decompile it.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

Edited once, last by Shalashalska ().