Economic usage of energy on machines.

• Hi,

Well it's a quite simple idea. It's to make machines more power-efficient by asking EU pack only when needed.

For example, as I use a macerator, it seems everytime machine isn't full of energy anymore, it asks a eu-pack from the power grid. Acting such, its depleting a batbox much faster than it should really do it.
    As a numeric example (not accurate, but it's for illustration purpose), if the machine uses 2eu/t, it seems that as every tick drains 2 eu from machine's internal power, the machine instead gets every tick a full pack (32eu) from the batbox to replenish it. It makes that the machines ran for 10ticks, and should have used 20eu (2eu/ticks), but instead asked 320eu (32eu/pack, 1 pack every tick) from the batbox.

One solution is to put a redstone current on the batbox, and manually grant/refuse to deliver eu's
    Another is to make the machine asks a pack only if its internal energy is below the max input it could get (I.e. my macerator waits to have lost 32eu before asking a pack from the grid)
    Or... more green gameplay minded (:)) you may add a "efficiency upgrade" that acts as such a regulator, limitating the resplenish cadency to be more efficient.

Thanks for reading

• I'm pretty certain the E-net sends unused eus back into the Batbox

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• No. Machines don't waste power. If their internal storage is 800 EU, and 2 is used, if it gets a 32 EU packet it will have 830 EU stored. It will then request EU again when it's internal storage dips below it's maximum.

• No. Machines don't waste power. If their internal storage is 800 EU, and 2 is used, if it gets a 32 EU packet it will have 830 EU stored. It will then request EU again when it's internal storage dips below it's maximum.

Does this apply to storage devices?

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

• Official Post

Does this apply to storage devices?

Yes it does. Thats why when you have a energy sensor (nuclear control addon) installed on a MFSU for example sometimes you will read values higher than 10.000.000 (and lower than 10.000.512)