[Addon v1.112+] Liquid UU-Matter v0.7.12b (now officially retired)

• Okay. What about removing Buildcrash from the List of needed Mods? Now that Forge has it integrated.

I'd still need to decouple a few things other than the liquid stuff, but it is a future goal to do so.

Edit: Got this while trying to use the Accelerator.

Code
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
    at ro.narc.liquiduu.GUIAccelerator.drawOperationCosts(GUIAccelerator.java:121)
    at ro.narc.liquiduu.GUIAccelerator.b(GUIAccelerator.java:84)

Wow, that's super-confusing. That string should have split into three pieces every time it generated. What were you doing with it? And what version of LiquidUU was this?

EDIT: Wait, I think Funnyman has it -- you're running a non-English localization, so your Java is printing String.format("%.3f", number) with a comma separator, isn't it? Yeah, we can fix it. Thanks for the report.

And my UUM-Assembler will work with Liquid UUM in the next Version.

Neat, I'm sure your players will love it.

• Yeah, but it's still likely to be that -- I don't think Minecraft sets the default locale for String.format to use. Either way, it's fixable, and I can't really think of anything else that might've caused an issue at that line of source.

• Okay, explain it to me. Go right ahead and build something that makes infinite cells and show it to me. Because I just don't see how you can make a solid UUM out of liquid UUM without supplying a container. And if your assembler does that, shame on you.

• Official Post

And if your assembler does that, shame on you.

Isn't it possible to just dont register a "null" Container for the UUM? *Looks at Code* Yes it is, when using a try/catch around the Liquid Container Registration.

But why should one supply Cells into the Assembler? Its like putting regular UUM into it, what would mean that it results in being very pointless to even add compatiblity. Btw. Thermal Expansion has an public API for the Liquid Transposer, where you can remove the Outputcell.

• Isn't it possible to just dont register a "null" Container for the UUM? *Looks at Code* Yes it is, when using a try/catch around the Liquid Container Registration.

But why should one supply Cells into the Assembler? Its like putting regular UUM into it, what would mean that it results in being very pointless to even add compatiblity. Btw. Thermal Expansion has an public API for the Liquid Transposer, where you can remove the Outputcell.

What I was thinking is, if people put liquid UU into the assembler, why should they be able to pull solid UU back out at all? That said, I don't really play with GregTech and don't know your logic, so feel free to just ignore that.

Other than that, I'm personally okay with having the empty cell be left over. I can spin it as "there's a little bit of UUM that doesn't quite liquify, but it's enough to make one cell. How fortuitous that you'd need a cell to resolidify the liquid UUM, if you wanted to do so." Ultimately, it's no more than a quarter of a tin ingot. If people are feeling a need to exploit interaction between GregTech and LiquidUU to get empty cells... that's not really something wrong with either mod.

In other news, I think I've fixed that bug you ran into before. Basically just a localization thing, as Minecraft apparently never sets the Java default Locale so it defaults to something like your OS language -- which means String.format("%.2f", number) would output "1,23" instead of "1.23". So now I just ask Java what the decimal separator is and split by it. No real difficulty.

And since I was at it, and I've been playing on a server with Liquid UU 0.7.3.xp for a while without breaking anything, I've gone ahead and numbered it 0.7.4 and made it an official release.

• Here, have a release. 0.7.5 fixes the missing tooltip on the UU tank in the accelerator GUI. This should be a purely client-side update, servers can probably continue running 0.7.4 without any issues. Other way around should work, too, but you won't get the pretty tooltip.

• Hooray, Enough internet connectivity to update minecraft and mods. Lack of internet is killing me. Like the updates. But like greg mentioned there is a tin cell exploit using Thermal Expansion, and an antisploit with gregtech. Its not too big an issue but feels clunky.

Perhaps rather than making UU-Matter Directly addable to tanks, make it so you can put UU into cells via crafting and those can then be tanked.
    Hopefully internet will hold good enough to post :\

• So, the quarter of a tin ingot is a problem for you, too, then? Personally, I stand by what I said about two posts above, but sure, I could grab the Thermal Expansion API and ask the transposer not to give you the cell back. Check back here later today.

Edit: Although not for a while yet. Adfocus is down and I don't feel like hunting through decompiled source to find out how to use the API properly. Those comments the API almost certainly has would be handy.

• Nah, i dont find it a problem so much for gameplay, but its something that falls into a "Not quite right" category, makes me go crazy. :P

• Okay, so, there's two choices with the TE API as it is: either you get the cell when you liquid-transpose matter, or you can't liquid-transpose matter at all.

There's also, of course, the option of giving you a crafting recipe to plug matter into a cell and get a matter cell, but this sounds like extra work for no apparent reason.

Personally, I don't really care one way or the other on the first two, and I don't really want the last option (it overcomplicates working with liquid UU). So while I could take the decision myself and just live with it, I'd rather ask: which would you prefer?

• That was the way I was leaning, as well, so that's what I did. And then I added a couple of other things and called it a release -- that's right, 0.7.6 is now available.

Aside from the aforementioned Liquid Transposer change, you should also find SeedManager's Seed Analyzer won't be quite so cheaty when used with an accelerator anymore (as soon as SeedManager updates, which shouldn't be long now). Also, you can now find the accelerator and canned UU in the Creative inventory.

Edit: Yeah, oops, I left some debugging info in there. I'll update and upload 0.7.6b in a moment.

Later edit: There we go. 0.7.6b, now with 100% less console spam.

• ok so what i found is if you have lets say a mk 3 extractor pipe from logistics pulling your items from the assembler and you try to put a full stack of the same item into the assembler before its done taking the items out it duplicates the item as in it refills the assembler and lets you keep the item so i tested this alot from 2 stacks of iron i got 200 stacks of refined iron using the method works with other things to carbon plates anything really works just needs to from what i can tell be a full stack that you "shift click" into the assembler from your inventory when there is still items in the cooking slot and its being pulled by an extracter only tested with mk3 so far!! will upload a short video of it happening should you be unable to recreate it!!! just let me know

• And it doesn't consume UU? Sounds like maybe LogiPipes isn't doing the right thing. What versions of LiquidUU and Logistics Pipes are you using?

um no sorry i guess i didnt make it clear its using UU matter just fine its just not using up the item its smelting or compressing as in you can duplicate lets say mixed metal ingots to the point of using 2 stacks to make 100 stacks

• Hmm. I may have an idea of what might cause that, but I still need to know what versions of LiquidUU and Logistics Pipes you're using. I might just be guessing wrong.

Nevertheless, I'll try replicating it. The video you offered may be useful, as well.

• ^ That looks hilarious! Thanks for posting it. I wasn't aware it was possible to get mobs inside iron tanks.

In unrelated news, I've managed to replicate the item duplication bug. Fix incoming as soon as I figure out why it's behaving this way.