How to configure IC2 so that OV/OD scanner results are different from the default?

• I want to configure IC2 so that when I use the OD/OV scanner, the results for ores they find are based off of the emc value from EE2 (NO, I do not have that mod, I do like the EMC system though)

ALso, I have noticed that sometimes, the OD/OV scanner doesn't register diamonds to their value, so I would like to fix that too.

How do I fix that?

I want to change ore values to:
    redstone: 64
    Iron: 256
    Gold: 2048
    Diamond: 8192 (Also, I need help making it so that the OD/OV scanner can recognize and show the value accounting for diamond)

And whatever the emc value is for copper tin, uranium, and coal (if anyone knows what they are, please tell me)

I would be very grateful if somebody could help me :D

• Official Post

That can be a large Problem if you have my Addon installed. I register every single Ore to the Miners-List. And there is no way to override that via Config, as I do that after IC²-Configload. IC² has that Config to determine Valuables of other Mods, so that you can easyly add them, but changing the Values is not possible without hacking into the Code.

• I don't know if it would work, but if you go into the config, under

Code
    valuableOres=14:3, 15:4, 16:1, 21:3, 56:5, 73:3, 129:5

Changing the number after the ":" might affect the result, for example, changing 56:5 (diamond) to 56:1 might make it have the value of coal.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I don't know if it would work, but if you go into the config, under

Code
    valuableOres=14:3, 15:4, 16:1, 21:3, 56:5, 73:3, 129:5

Changing the number after the ":" might affect the result, for example, changing 56:5 (diamond) to 56:1 might make it have the value of coal.

What may the number for each ore be and what are the EMC values for them?

Thanks

• What may the number for each ore be and what are the EMC values for them?

Thanks

The first number is the block id, search block id on Minecraft wiki, and then the Tekkit wiki (sorry, it's where I found the information) has EMC values for every transmutable block.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• What is the ID for copper, tin, and uranium? It's not on the tekkit wiki...

the EMC value is there though :D

It's in the config file

Code
    blockOreCopper=249   blockOreTin=248   blockOreUran=247

• I'm talking about the number before the colons that you use to identify what ore that is

Also, there only seems to be 2 left and I haven't registered lapis lazuli yet so...
    Where are the ones for industrialcraft?

The number before the colon is the block id, there is a page on the Minecraft wiki that lists them all. Although I have never noticed that the industrialcraft ores are not in there, I think they are hardcoded into the miner.

• Alright I configured it and the first thing I notice is that the scans show values larger than they should be. I created a test world on super flat mode and placed a diamond ore and used the OV scanner on it and it shows about 20000 when I configured it to show 8192

similar things happen to other ores

• The scanner scans a 9x9 area, from bedrock to sky level, are you certain nothing else was in the way?

• Official Post

If i may be bold and make a suggestion :) There is different addons that give you an enhanced list / recipe overview when you open up your inventory, some have advanced functions, others not so much.. Me personally i use this one called NEI - Not Enough Items. It can be setup so that it will list the ID code for ALL your listed items when hovering over the item with your mouse marker.