Installing IC2 on a server

• I recently bought minecraft as well as rented a server and someone suggested that I install IC2 on it. After a few hours of research and futile attempts to install it on my own, I figured I'd make an account and ask the wonderful people here for help installing it. I found out that it's not bukkit compatible and reverted my server back to vanilla, though I cannot find a tutorial as to how to install it. All I could find are tutorials for servers hosted on machines at homes. The server is running version 1.4.5 of minecraft and I would like to run the IC2 1.4.5 beta any help is much appreciated.

• 1. Download the latest version of Forge Universal, put it in your Minecraft_Server.jar.
    EDIT: 1a. Do not delete META-INF
    2. Run your server.
    3. When your server has finished initializing, close it.
    4. Put IC2 v1.109 in the mods folder.
    5. Delete your world save (not necessary, but it helps with creating ores).
    6. Run your server.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• got it!!

I contacted the server host and asked them about the elusive minecraft_server.jar file and they said to dl one from the minecraft website, mod it how i want, upload it to the server directory, then contact them asking to enable custom .jars.

Thank you for the help crafterofmines :)

• you don't need to edit minecraft_server.jar

1. Download Forge.

2. Put forge and minecraft_server.jar into the same folder.

3. run the forge jar as you would the minecraft_server.jar. It will find the minecraft_server.jar and load.

on my linux server I have a script to restart the server automatically;

It's easy to do the same thing in a .bat.

4. Stop the server with "stop".

5. Put any mods in mods folder, coremods into coremods.

6. Start the server again.

you don't need to edit minecraft_server.jar

Yeah, while it's semi-unnecessary to do it my way for the server, I think it is easier to instruct people to do the same thing for if they were to mod their clients with the same mods.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• You don't need to edit the minecraft.jar anymore, either.

Use MultiMC or Magic Launcher.

This launchers are not for server...

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• alright, so I got the .jar modded and uploaded, it boots up forge but not ic2. and ideas?

How are you installing it? Are you putting IC2 in the mods folder?

• I put the industrial craft 2 Jar file in the mods folder that forge created.

Are you sure that your versions of Minecraft and IC2 match? If so, can you post the error log that should be titled ForgeModLoader-0 or something similar?

• here is the log:

• First off, your Forge version is extremely outdated and for 1.2.5, grab the latest version from here, second, what is tekkit312.jar?

• Downloading latest version now, I must have grabbed an earlier version by accident then installed that instead. Tekkit312 is a different .jar that came with the server, I have no idea why this is loading.... (using multicraft btw)

• Multicraft? Sorry I haven't heard of it before, I can't guarantee that my earlier instructions work, although for now they seem to be working.

• solved it.

When I uploaded the modded minecraft_server.jar file to the server, I saved it as "minecraftforge_server.jar", thinking it would be easy to differentiate it between the other .jars that I could choose from in the .jar file selection list. Apparently the server couldn't tell that it was a custom server file and created another "minecraft_server.jar" file loading that one (and tekkit sub-consequently loaded instead) I changed the name of "minecraftforge_server.jar to minecraft_server.jar and it booted the latest version as well as IC2 (log below)

^ ^half of the log, the whole thing is to many characters.

For now it's working :) Thanks for the help and pointing out that the server version mismatch, without that I wouldn't have been able to figure it out. :P