Miner eating pipes?

• I build the miner and started it to mining. It was using a lot of pipes. I put in stack of 64, then another stack of 64 which got down to like 10 pipes. This was on world level 72. Anyway it finishes, i remove the drill and it starts to withdraw. I get some pipes back, but no where near the amount I fed it.

Is this a bug, or is this a new mechanic, that the miner is supposed to eat pipes?

• I've also got a fix for that, but I made it by decompiling ic2. I'm not sure of the rules here, should I post it?

I'm pretty sure you can, as some other people have :)

• Miner Bug fixed by you. Uranium Bug fixed by narc. Now all we need is someone to fix the electric armor, then we can stop giving a damn about the version with fixed stuff be closed source.

• *cough*opensource*cough*

... I've never been in this thread *Jedi gesture*.

Eh... Doesn't the Force only affect weak-minded individuals? I highly doubt that that work on many of the users here...

Anyways, I wouldn't mind IC2 becoming open source, but, in the end that's a design choice for Al and the IC2 devs to make. I'm not holding my breath for it.

Aren't the electric armor bugs based in Forge and IC2?

• Sorry, Jedi mind tricks don't work on me, I kill dumb computer users for a living. (Wish it wasn't sarcasm.)

Also, we got you on video, did you not see the video cameras on the way in?

• Miner Bug fixed by you. Uranium Bug fixed by narc. Now all we need is someone to fix the electric armor, then we can stop giving a damn about the version with fixed stuff be closed source.

Narc was a great deal of help figuring out how to (de)compile the thing, actually - he spent several hours tutoring me. You should send him a cookie. :)

I'll have a look at the electric armor on the weekend, methinks.

As for open-sourcing it.. have you seen what Java decompiles look like? It's not quite the original source code, but it's quite reasonable. If it wasn't for the legal issues, maintaining a public fixed-IC2 branch would be quite doable.

• Thank for the miner fix btw. I am using it and it works fine, except that it now returns all pipes+1. But that's still way better than before. ;)

As for open-sourcing it.. have you seen what Java decompiles look like? It's not quite the original source code, but it's quite reasonable. If it wasn't for the legal issues, maintaining a public fixed-IC2 branch would be quite doable.

The problem doesn't start with decompiling, but when you try to apply the fix. It would be really annoying for players if they'd had to download the main version plus 20 mods or so that individually fix several bugs in that main version.

• The problem doesn't start with decompiling, but when you try to apply the fix. It would be really annoying for players if they'd had to download the main version plus 20 mods or so that individually fix several bugs in that main version.

Well, yeah, that's why he mentioned a separate branch that everyone with a fix could just make pull requests to. Then players would only need to download a single binary.

• Got that part, but that requires an official support which we currently do not have. Although I have thought about just creating an "IC2 fixed" project on Git-hub, I came to the conclusion that Alblaka wouldn't like that.