A Few Recipe Ideas, a new Recipe for the Electrolyzer and a Machine Idea

• Potential Recipes Encouraging Resource Renewability/Versatility:

Plantball :Plantball: + Extractor :Extractor: -> Slimeball MinecraftSlime

Slimeball MinecraftSlime + Dirt (whatever quantities) -> Clayball

Cooked Steak MinecraftCow /Cooked Porkchop MinecraftPig + Furnace :Electric Furnace: -> Bone MinecraftSkeleton

Cobblestone + Compressor :Compressor: -> Gravel

Coal/Charcoal :Coal Dust: + Dirt/Sand (Whatever quantities works for game balance) -> Bauxite

Bauxite + Electrolyzer -> Tin :Tin Ingot: (*Cough* Aluminum=Tin? Why Not, eh?)

I can never seem to get enough tin :Tin Ingot: for all the cells :Empty Cell: my biofuel :Bio Fuel: facility eats.

New Machine: Shaker.

Similar to recycler :Recycler: in functionality, but occassionally yields the small nuggets (tin, copper, iron, gold, uranium, etc x9 -> ingot) or more rarely, gemstones (diamond, emerald), from gravel/cobble (whatever works for game balance). Could yield in a similar way as scrapbox does. Perhaps, as "unwashed stone" item that could be "cleaned up" with a waterbucket to see what nugget you've recieved. Would give the "panning" feel to squeezing the tiny bits out of the mining dregs.

Perhaps even a revisit of the recycler yields could get close to this effect. Right now it gives me far more food than I could ever use. Currently I just plop the food back in again.

Thank you for your consideration!

P.S. Oh, and plantball smiley above yields a tonguey smiley accidentally for the forum gurus.

• Official Post

Coal/Charcoal :Coal Dust: + Dirt/Sand (Whatever quantities works for game balance) -> Bauxite

Bauxite + Electrolyzer -> Tin :Tin Ingot: (*Cough* Aluminum=Tin? Why Not, eh?)

Arrrrrgh. WTF.
    Coal = Carbon, Sand = Silicon (mostly), Dirt = Dirt (what an equation..)

Bauxite = Aluminium + a bit of Titanium and other impurities.

Do you really want to make them equal!?! Seriously?

Similar to recycler :Recycler: in functionality, but occassionally yields the small nuggets (tin, copper, iron, gold, uranium, etc x9 -> ingot) or more rarely, gemstones (diamond, emerald), from gravel/cobble (whatever works for game balance). Could yield in a similar way as scrapbox does. Perhaps, as "unwashed stone" item that could be "cleaned up" with a waterbucket to see what nugget you've recieved. Would give the "panning" feel to squeezing the tiny bits out of the mining dregs.

Looks like, what my Industrial Grinder does.

Get GregTech, it has those resources, but MUCH more realistic than your crafting Suggestions

• Greg,

Please, can you give some respect to other people's ideas?! Can you at least PLEASE give some constructive critism? I'm honestly getting tired of seeing your angry, very possibly biased comments proliferate on the Suggstions board. Please listen to this; if you refuse, I will report you.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Rufus Thorne - Global Trust Council Vice-President

• Realistic wasn't my concern. I was just trying to propose small changes that would be easy to implement. For your information, I got the idea for coal + dirt = bauxite from watching "how it's made." In which, bauxite being one of the most common silicate ores (hence, sand) it is, one might say, as common as dirt, and is mistaken for dirt all the time. Thanks to a bit of carbon as catalyst (hence, coal) and an electric current (hence, electrolyzer) and time in a chemical bath, science today (yes... "MUCH more realistic" science) turns dirt into aluminum. In fact I do want to "make them equal," because nature essentially already has. And it's a game.

Dirt = Dirt

I like your equation there, personally. I can confirm, it's mathematically sound. :)

9 dirt should make "Block of Dirt" so I can store more of it not to use... because I have $#:+tons of it. Oh well, recycler fodder.

My apologies on trying to reinvent the wheel. I see now that you have already implemented something relatively similar in your own mod. My apologies, I wasn't trying to step on any toes. Your industrial grinder makes nuggets? Is your mod compatible with redpower? I see you say it enables automation without using it. I'm a big fan of redpower, very clever mod.

I'm introduced to IC2 via technic/tekkit and am just looking to bolster more incentives for that particular mod pack to ditch the semi-cheating EquivExchange mod, which I'm sure you folks get a lot of uninformed goobers like me wandering over here for. Perhaps if your mod is a nice clean package I might be seeing it coupled with IC2 in an upcoming Technic/Tekkit compilation? YoTube and Yogscast made that uberpopular.

It sounds like your mod's got potential, so long as it's not an oppressive albatross and plays well with others. Can it play well with others?

• Official Post

Can you at least PLEASE give some constructive critism?

Uhhm, telling that Sand+Coal+Dirt = Tin is a bad and unbalanced Idea, is unconstructive? Really?

The only realy good Idea I saw, was the Steak->Bone Idea. And I dont act like my Suggestions are Superior. Because, since I made my own Addon, I dont need to Suggest Game Mechanics. I just implement them, with the Goal to make the Game more exiting. And recently I didnt show up that often in the Suggestion Forum.

• If it's unbalanced, how would you value coal? How would you value tin? How would you value dirt/sand? Give numbers if you must. Give ratios. You must have something in mind, if you say unbalanced.

If I came to you with a tin ingot you wanted very badly, how much coal would you be willing to pay? There are potential interrim products, we're not limited to 9 squares of ratio. There are yield proportions we can tinker with, to keep tin from being trivialized (think: nugget rather than ingot). Is there no possible way you could see any combination of coal and sand and dirt you can imagine to be worth any amount of tin you can imagine? I know you can imagine if you try, you're a creative guy to champion your own mod as you have.

If I had a 50 dollar bill would you be unwilling to trade me 50 ones?

• Looks like, what my Industrial Grinder does.

Nope. To me, it looks more like what the massfab does, or even more, what the recycler does. (yes, you could advertise us with one of your machine here ... it starts with sc ... ^^)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I agree with Greg on the Bauxite idea. Seriously, just a bit of mashed up cobble and some coal and dirt to make Tin?
    Even in Equivalent to Cheating mod that's terribly imbalanced.

And cells as consumed buckets are meant to be that way.

• I think LaPatate or Sinnaj63 should cover all the PR for you guys. Honestly, GregTech looks basically like what I was looking for, having never heard of it and getting blasted by a "WTF" on my first post on the IC2 forum was... interesting (which, as far as I can tell from the bit of reading I've done at the top of the page is not, in spite opinions to the contrary, the GregTech forum).

Believe it or not, I don't take to the hard sell very well. Every fiber of my being recoils at the tone taken.

I really didn't know it would cause you coding headaches trying to do something your modmod already accomplishes. I didn't even know you chaps existed. However, now that I do and I've seen this side of you I have to ask,

How long has GregTech been systematically squelching any changes to IC2 dogpile style in an effort to stagnate development to make their own project easier? It seems like you should relish the idea of anything in your core being transferred bit by bit to the IC2 core, since it would be validation that you're doing things right (and you very much seem to be, apart from this PR stunt I doubt very many if any of you intend). And maybe I'm wrong about that, my apologies if so, I'm entering what is probably an old conversation and have just been blindsided when I originally had no dog in any feud.

Oh, and don't say unbalanced unless you mean it. Any equation can be balanced. Engorge it, nerf it, add, subtract, FOIL method or something, just don't ever, ever say an equation can't be balanced or your resident mathematician (not me, tho!) will find a way to do it. Unrealistic was a far better complaint. "Tin is not *really* aluminum, in spite of many similar applications." "Bauxite doesn't HAVE coal in it, it simply is used in conjunction with coal to get aluminum." "Dirt, sand, neither is really a good representation of Bauxite." These are fair complaints, good complaints. "It's unbalanced." (past tense, as if I had already implemented it somewhere) is much much weaker and lazier complaint. (Lulz rightly applied it to the EE mod as unbalanced, past tense. Greg wrongly applied it to an unestablished idea pitch. In the same sentence Mr. Not Saying Your Idea is Bad said it was unbalanced, he also called it, "...bad.") Way to win hearts and minds, team.

Seriously, tho. I can brush it off. You guys seem to dream big and try to make the game more exciting (not more exiting, that's what crashes do). You do this, all of you, not just for yourselves but for others as well, which I personally am very appreciative of. Truly it enriches the gameplay experience, whether it's GregTech or IC2 or any of the others fostering creativity and imagination. Thanks folks!

• LaPatate

You forgot Mat ^^.
    The rest is too long for my french minds, unable to read such english words ^^. Seriously, I don't even get if you were criticizing or saying positive things --' (Okay, I'm above all too lazy to even try to understand but ...)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I can see a gentleman's battle when I see one, but keep it civil.

yes, Greg can act a bit... immature at times... but you need to respect his knowledge of coding
    Greg, this form is for suggesting ideas to the original mod. You have little to no jurisdiction to core mod changes. Do whatever you want in your mod. Let the official developers decide on the value of the ideas. Besides, Feintheart has at lest done an amazing job to be flexible and detailed with his ideas

I personally have a strong dislike of Greg's mod and will avoid using it if possible. Stop saying you mod is the "perfect answer" and steers industrial craft toward a better future. Some of us don't want to use your mod and want to make changes everyone will appreciate to the core mod that everyone can enjoy

• Cobblestone + Compressor -> Gravel

Slimeball + Dirt (whatever quantities) -> Clayball

cooked Steak /Cooked Porkchop + Furnace -> Bone

Plantball lantball: + Extractor -> Slimeball

Back to the subjects, this is not the Thread "War between Gregtech supporter and complainers".
    To me, these one seems, if not balanced (wich can be adjusted with changing ratio), at least reasonible.

Bauxite + Electrolyzer -> Tin (*Cough* Aluminum=Tin? Why Not, eh?)

These one seems simply stupid: Aluminum can already be used as a replacements of Tin or Iron in useful recipes. Using Aluminium just to craft cells would be stupid --'. (Because Tin is cheaper than Aluminium).

Coal/Charcoal + Dirt/Sand (Whatever quantities works for game balance) -> Bauxite

This one looks like EE: such recipies already exists in IC² (Tin + Copper to Iron conversion) but are very expensive. Implementing that for Bauxite would be stupid to get Aluminium if using similar ratio (about 1/15), too easy to get Titanium. Moreover, it does not belong to the IC² suggestion forum, since Bauxite isn't in IC².

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!