Suggestion: Switch cable

• Please add a switch cable to the cabling. Not to gather EU as in IC1 but to turn off power to parts of network without storage.
    (i would primarily use it to disable power to the mass gen., from my MFSU, without having to make 2 of them (and charging the 2 one))

• 1. Chain of batboxes/MFEs/MFSUs can't be efficiently switched off because of "head" unit to be full of energy. It is needed to connect eath and every batbox in a chain to redstone wire to prevent them from emitting.

2. I have a batbox chain and separate single MFE to charge crystals. I want to disable it from charging itself because my workshop is LV-powered from the batbox chain and I don't want an additional MV->LV transformer in my workshop. I have not enougth energy in a young world to fully fill that separate MFE.

3. Maybe some defense measures like a naked HV cable to be safely switched off for maintainance. I don't want to be occasionly killed :wacko: due to a fully filled energy storage.

• Now, you can use transformers like a switch cable.
    Look:
    MFSU---------MV-trans-------Fabricator
    If you apply redstone to transformer, it will stop emitting MV-pulses

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• It works, thank you. It is a solution for most cases. And even it is possible to place a lever on a transtormer directly, without any wiring. But in some rare cases it looks like a resource and space wasing. It requires 2 transformers and a golden (or better) wire placed as 3 blocks instead of a small and cheap device than everyone knows by real life. It takes 8 copper bars and a part of golden one per simple switch!

• You can avoid of using two transformers - use only one.
    Example:
    Batbox-------------LV-transformer------------Miner
    3-dotted side faces the batbox, and it still emits 32 eu/t
    If you'll switch it in "upwards" mode it won't send MV-impulses, because the output of the batbox can't recieve power (and miner doesn't generate anything ^_^)

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.