Thut's Suggestions

• I named this thread Thut's Suggestions mainly as it would prevent me from going and posting my suggestions in 20 different threads, with probably 19 different original posters.

Nuclear Reactor Related suggestions:

Allow nuclear reactors in "steam" mode to have an input and an output. This would make it a bit more realistic (need to put in water to get the steam) and would allow for expansion, such as the production of a gas cooled reactor, where the input is say helium, and the output is hotter helium (which then goes into some heat exchange to produce the energy).

Have the amount of steam produced based on the temperature of the reactor, as well as the number of fuel ticks, and the production of said steam cools the reactor. This would make it more enticing to run hot reactors, but the steam cooling the reactor will limit it enough as to not make a 1 cell reactor with huge numbers of plates to be able to produce large amounts of energy. (note: something should probably be changed with the heating cells, maybe remove their ability to increase the heat level, but have them prevent cooling below a certain point instead?)

In this system: for every so many units of steam produced, the reactor temperature decreases. The rate of steam production would be based on the temperature, so eventually the reactor would stabilize at a certain temperature. using the modification to the heat cells where they do not let the temperature drop, you could prevent exploits, as if the temperature is not allowed to drop, you have it not produce steam.

This system would make it much more important to balance the temperature of the reactor.

more to come later.

• IRL reactor cant output steam, all real reactors are sealed and nothing leave or enter active area, never.

and gas cooling, are you kidding? gas heat capacity too small to carry heat from "ICE", reactor will instantly overheat on helium.

one more hayo seggestion....

• Official Post

IRL reactor cant output steam, all real reactors are sealed and nothing leave or enter active area, never.

and gas cooling, are you kidding? gas heat capacity too small to carry heat from "ICE", reactor will instantly overheat on helium.

one more hayo seggestion....

Yea, our reactors output energy with no water inside it, tell me more how minecraft has IRL reactors.
    =)
    Instead reactor could be a multiblock machine with the 6 reactor chamber reactor the fuel casing, and some blocks adjacent to them to accept water/output steam.

• There's however a gas cooled reactor IRL... using exactly the same gas, which is helium, but as far as I know helium is in GregTech addon, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas-cooled_reactor

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Being an apprentice in the oil and gas industry dealing with offshore power and talking to instrument engineers daily (Some of which have worked in nuclear powerplants) I can tell you now that systems which are "obselete" and working will be used until they seize to be practical. We have rigs in the North Sea which use equipment that is 80 years obselete. It won't be changed because it is still operational, and maintenence is the last thing to be applied when profits are coming through (It's an afterthought when things are getting dangerous.) Speaking from experience of talking to the engineers at work, the nuclear industry is very much the same. It is often too expensive to upgrade a nuclear plant so it keeps the technology of the past. That being said, most things in the nuclear industry can be classed as new, because for the most part it's a fairly modern industry which is still in its kickoff period.

• Install railcraft and look in the ic2 config, you will find an option to have reactors output steam and no eu.

Error 404: Signature not found!