ID conflict (Now even worse!)

• I've got this little problem. My first ID conflict, what do I do?
    It popped up on my server console, 1.4.6.
    4074 seems to be cable on both server and client
    The mods installed are:
    ComputerCraft 1.481
    IC2NuclearControl 1.4.5
    IC2 1.112.170
    Forge 471
    ModularForceFieldSystemV.2.2.8.2.12
    RedPower2 pre6
    Thaumcraft 3.0.1.c

Thank you!

PLEASE GO TO BOTTOM OF TREAD

• Open saves, open the map you are trying to access, open Ic2_map, copy the items and blocks into the items and blocks section of the IC2 config file, use Find and Replace to change "block." and "item." to "I:", it should work then.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I did as you said and the server managed to start.
    (I also tried deleting both files and letting the server generate them again, which solved the ID conflict.)
    Now the server works for a few seconds before this happens:

• Why is it so hard to update the server this time?
    It's always been piece of cake before now!
    1.2.5 to 1.4.6?

• Why is it so hard to update the server this time?
    It's always been piece of cake before now!
    1.2.5 to 1.4.6?

Ohhh, you're going 1.2.5 to 1.4.6, I think that can create problems, try going from 1.2.5 to 1.3.2 to 1.4.5/6 (1.4.5 if necessary).

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I would recommend taking RedPower out, then upgrading to 1.3.2, then upgrade to 1.4.6, put RedPower back in, and hope it works.

• So I need to upgrade to 1.3.2 first... I see you guys tomorrow. Thank you and good night! (It is actually 00:29 in Norway, so it is tomorrow.)

• I'm still getting the error.
    It has something with flowers and crops to do, but more I do not know!
    Every time I join the world is black (and I am still drunk) and on the console I get an error.

EDIT: After some testing, i found out that only the region files don't work. Everything else works fine, but our buildings are in those files. I suppose I could use MCedit, but it would be very strange to have the world generated new with old homes. And besides, I don't think that it would solve the problem. The crops are in the homes.

Crash report:

• Hey Greg! The RP2 stuff didn't disappear into the void! It just transformed into those nice looking Jugletree Stairs!

• I now think I found out what went wrong!
    When you wrote "I:" I used an L (l) instead, which resulted in that gigantic crash!
    After trying to use 1.3.2 first and then 1.4.6 I lost all my redpower items. If I used the 1.2.5 directly in 1.4.6 we get the ID conflict. I solved the ID conflict as you told me to do, but now RedPower2 needs the IDs I gave IC2. Trying to auto assign or delete all configs and start anew did not work at all.
    Now I humbly ask if anyone please can help and guide me trough this, so that I finally can accsess my Atlantis again!
    Without you, I am truly lost...

RedPower2 needs the IDs I gave IC2.

As in you are getting block ID errors?

• Yes, I am.
    After a good amout of digging i found mIDas GOLD. I think I need to use that.
    Has anyone here had past experiences with it, or some other way of solving the problem?
    I'm really not getting hang of it. I used all the config files, but the world looked so terrible afterwards that I don't want to talk about it. (Poor Mass-Fabricators...)

• First you need to edit the mod config files to make the RedPower and IndustrialCraft IDs not conflict, then you need to match your map's config file to the IC2 mod config file, then it should work.

• Thanks, but I managed it!
    I used mIDas, but I had to write all the item IDs from 1.2.5 to 1.4.6 manually, so that the program could fix the blocks.
    The world is now playable again! It only lags slightly, because of the IC2 beta.