Suggestion: [Single-Use Battery Rework]

• Name:
    Single-Use Battery Rework

Description:
    Currently, Single-Use Batteries aren't really used. To fix this problem, I propose the following changes:

• Addition of the Battery Hull
      This new item's only use would be being a crafting ingredient. Its addition would also mean that the RE Battery is now created by filling a Battery Hull with Redstone in a Canning Machine.
    • Changes to the Single-Use Battery itself
      Firstly, its texture would be reverted to the old one. Secondly, it wouldn't be crafted anymore, but created in the Canning Machine using fuel cells as input and Battery Hulls as containers, with the result being Battery Hulls filled with 6 cells worth of fuel and containing the EU equivalent of fuel mixed the same way.

HAYO:
    Hello, potential costumer!
    We heard that people disliked our new T-051 Non-Rechargable Energy Storation Units™. Because of this, we got our plans for the T-501 Non-Rechargable Energy Storation Units™ out again and improved them even further! That's right, they can be IMPROVED EVEN FURTHER! Using our Unmobile Food Canning Machine GTA4™ you can fill T-000 Empty Energy Storation Unit Hulls™ with Octanium C++ Fuel™ or Econium P-- Plant Fuel™ previously contained in a few C-600 Capsule Cell Containers™ to create T-510 Advanced Non-Rechargable Energy Storation Units that contain all the power of the fuel! Of course, they definitely can't be adulterated using light, energy and/or explosives to create some kind of hypothetical super-battery.

Recipes:
    :Force Field: = Nothing
    :Cable: = Uninsulated Copper Cable

Battery Hull:
    :Force Field: :Cable: :Force Field:
    :Tin Ingot: :Force Field: :Tin Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Force Field: :Tin Ingot:

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

Edited 2 times, last by I don't now ().

• You might want to check the recipe of the T-501 Non-Rechargable Energy Storage Unit in IC. It's behind this link.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• The idea with the battery hulls isn't bad. But filling them with Fuel? Then they wouldn't be batterys but fuel cells. Maybe filling hulls with a hyd. Coal Dust/Redstone Combination.

Or just coal dust. And give RE-batteries the same recipe, except using redstone. Imagine having to make a canning machine to make a generator. It would give you a reason to always have one. Of course, it does beg the question of how to power the canning machine to make a battery to make a generator... good old redstone-as-an-energy-source to the rescue. So you'd have to use two redstone to make a battery to make a generator: one to fill the battery hull, one to power the canning machine for that one operation.

• Or just coal dust. And give RE-batteries the same recipe, except using redstone. Imagine having to make a canning machine to make a generator. It would give you a reason to always have one. Of course, it does beg the question of how to power the canning machine to make a battery to make a generator... good old redstone-as-an-energy-source to the rescue. So you'd have to use two redstone to make a battery to make a generator: one to fill the battery hull, one to power the canning machine for that one operation.

Using the canning machine for the normal RE battery too? Good idea. I'll add it to the OP.

Isn't that the old recipe?!!

Yes, just as I said. But my suggestion isn't re-implementing the old recipe, as I said.

• I do agree that single use batteries need some kind of a rework, I have never used them unless a scrap box has given one to me, although I'm not certain the canning machine is the way to do it, perhaps have some sort of energy tier system of them, as in you would craft a battery hull and then craft it with a plantball, coal dust, redstone, gunpowder, glowstone dust, etc. to gain an increase in the energy it contains.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I agree with the Hull idea: To me, battery are currently almost useless because of ... the cable. And btw, why using a SU-Battery which is so expensive while at the same time you could get a generator ? (because before geting redstone, you'll probably have at least iron ... and thisis enough already for the generator).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• They sound like the fuel cans in IC2. Canning coalfuel & bio cells? And making super-batteries using glowstone, redstone and gunpowder?

{Ctrl+A}

• Yes, with the difference that it directly creates Single-Use Batteries.

• it would be quite hard to make a generator with SU battery that actually needs battery to make a battery for a caning machine to work, and personaly i use SU batteries quite often in the begining it is fast power supply, i usually build macerator then some SU's, batbox, gen and extractor, sometimes i take a stack of them to mines when i dont have a bat-pack :) but the recipe isn't shapeless anymore so i cant craft some batteries in cave

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.