Suggestion: War Robots/ -Machines of different tiers and animal-cross-breeding

• Although Industrial craft has many things to offer, it doesnt take too long to experience most of it. So I came up with the idea of something that is getting better the more of it you have: War-Robots/ -Machines!
    They could have different tiers reaching from easy-to-build wooden ones to mega-expensive quantum droids. They should have a bit weaponry with them, so you can combine melee and shooting infantry or something (maybe even support for weapon mods like balcons and sdk's...), as well as a bit of AI that allows them to get easy tasks to guard/ wander around/ stay in groups/ mayybe even attack another player and his robots by inserting the full in game name of him... As I have no idea how hard it would be to code these things, and how well they would fit in the mod, this might be just an idea for a major addon...

The second idea would be crossbreeding between mobs.
    They could be trapped in some glass tanks and you extract genoms of them (just like seed packages) that you can analyze and breed. They could have various stats - like the plants - like easyer to slaughter, more droppage, faster egg production...
    You get the initial DNA sequence by hitting a mob with a DNA sampler of some sorts, which you then put in the tanks, so that the mobs grow. By putting three connected tanks next to each other, you have the chance to get a better/ completely new DNA (again just like the plants...)
    As an input you would need of course food for them (a possible use of the canning machine), antibiotics, and something like a water filter (a small, cheap device that you can easily produce).
    If you don't insert food, they starve/ dont grow as fast, if you don't insert antibiotics, they get diseases/ maybe the DNA could get bad as well and if you don't insert new filters, there is a chance for the tank to burst (however) and the mob to escape.

As I have no idea how people like these ideas, I didn't took the effort to think about crafting recipies, but that shouldn't be a problem for me...

da_sechzga

• IThe second idea would be crossbreeding between mobs.

It has been denied already, due to the fact intense mob activity creates lag, and such a thing would makes more player farm them.

Although Industrial craft has many things to offer, it doesnt take too long to experience most of it. So I came up with the idea of something that is getting better the more of it you have: War-Robots/ -Machines!
    They could have different tiers reaching from easy-to-build wooden ones to mega-expensive quantum droids. They should have a bit weaponry with them, so you can combine melee and shooting infantry or something (maybe even support for weapon mods like balcons and sdk's...), as well as a bit of AI that allows them to get easy tasks to guard/ wander around/ stay in groups/ mayybe even attack another player and his robots by inserting the full in game name of him... As I have no idea how hard it would be to code these things, and how well they would fit in the mod, this might be just an idea for a major addon...

At least before suggesting any PvP things, wait your whole life and die for Industrium Conflict. If you really want to suggest something that could be used as a weapon, makes it at least some use as a tool. That means you should more suggest mining robots or some others (but yours one aren't that bad because they could defend you against mobs ^^).

And wait ... WOODEN ROBOTS ? What's that ???

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• So maybe robots could be added, but for now on only "civil", working robots and maybe later on in Industrium Conflict... or just in an addon... I would do it, but I have litterally no idea how the coding works...

• All i want, is Badass Exosqueleton robots, like from Avatar. Huge machine increasing strength with a machine-gun in a hand a canon in the other. Gimme that and i will be happy taking over the world and proceeding to torture very living creature maintaining peace keeping operations around my compound.

Some sort of Automated robots would be nice looking too. Like Taumcraft 3 automated creatures thingy, but more industrial. We could combine them with Industrium conflict, assigning robot soldiers to patrol duty or to attack something (a simple get there and kill command). or stay by the basics and have them mining and carrying stuff.

But, as in IC we shoot down everything that can cause lag, even before it takes off, i guess this will never happen. Just for recorb, i believe that, while some things are justified, IC2 could have more content if we were willing to sacrifice 1fps each 50 multi block machines

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• The only way I could think of to do something like this, is with Steve's Carts. If you put together a track around your base, you could put several carts that go around with mob and player detectors, and shooters on top. That way, you can get a "guard patrol" around your base, but be careful, it may shoot you too if you set it up wrong.

• Other mods (like Thaumcraft) use minions to help you/ fight for you without causing lag or framerate dropage... Maybe we could use the codes from one of these mods, remodel them, retexture them, change the recipies and parts of the AI?

• The only way I could think of to do something like this, is with Steve's Carts. If you put together a track around your base, you could put several carts that go around with mob and player detectors, and shooters on top. That way, you can get a "guard patrol" around your base, but be careful, it may shoot you too if you set it up wrong.

It should prove not that hard and possible to set waypoints for a bot to run at a steady rate i guess. And you could config them so that they wont shoot you.

Other mods (like Thaumcraft) use minions to help you/ fight for you without causing lag or framerate dropage... Maybe we could use the codes from one of these mods, remodel them, retexture them, change the recipies and parts of the AI?

Wow. Just. Wow. You come into industrialcraft forum suggesting to rip the code from other mods in a cheap and bad way. 8|

Ill show you the exit, follow me sir.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Nah. of course I intended to ask about using them -_-

Still. Do you think IC2 would have gone too far if the modders didnt had skill and needed to borrow code from somebody else? We have Nuclear reactors and Nukes! Super armor and lasers! WE DONT NEED THEIR PUNY MAGIC; FOR WE HAVE SCIENCE!

Honestly, its more a question of honour. To copy anyone can, to create...

• As I said I have no idea about scripting these things... So if this isn't gonna get into industrial craft itself I might be interested in doing an addon myself and maybe use some pre made codes n stuff. Cause theres no dishonor for me to ask somebody for help who is already experienced in it...

• As I said I have no idea about scripting these things... So if this isn't gonna get into industrial craft itself I might be interested in doing an addon myself and maybe use some pre made codes n stuff. Cause theres no dishonor for me to ask somebody for help who is already experienced in it...

Sure, i agree. there is no problem on asking for help. But using pre-made code, or copying it, is more of shame because you are fooling yourself about your skills.

Like said in the past "Learn with the masters, and surpass them". If you do this, fine, i would love it! But dont copy code or find pre-made code online. Google Tutorials, start with small scripts and grow. That's how big moders like Big Al, Elo, SpaceToad and many others started, from below.

• Like said in the past "Learn with the masters, and surpass them". If you do this, fine, i would love it! But dont copy code or find pre-made code online. Google Tutorials, start with small scripts and grow. That's how big moders like Big Al, Elo, SpaceToad and many others started, from below.

well, do you know any tutorials for industrial craft addons then? Or is it just like any other forge mod? Maybe I can find some time to figure things out...

• well, do you know any tutorials for industrial craft addons then? Or is it just like any other forge mod? Maybe I can find some time to figure things out...

My knowledge of coding is equal to the amount of fucks that I give about facebook relationships (0 if you are wondering)

Tough, let me tell you a secret. You must cross the Saara desert, travel trough the African swamps and swim trough the indian ocean. Then you must climb the Himalayas and on the very top, you will find a hidden valley. Look for the temple by the river, and the men inside will lead you to the holy land of Google.

• Type 1 Anarchy - Orbital Lasers and Mechs! ---[Could a Mod move this to Pending Addons?]

i know that this is currently a WIP addon. as for cross breading, sugest it to sengir.

• Tough, let me tell you a secret. You must cross the Saara desert, travel trough the African swamps and swim trough the indian ocean. Then you must climb the Himalayas and on the very top, you will find a hidden valley. Look for the temple by the river, and the men inside will lead you to the holy land of Google.

My word. Where to start?

1. It's called Sahara
    2. Where are these swamps supposed to be?
    3. There is no river on top of the Himalaya
    4. Who the hell you think I asked first? Bing?

Thanks for your oh so helpful comment.

• My word. Where to start?

1. It's called Sahara
    2. Where are these swamps supposed to be?
    3. There is no river on top of the Himalaya
    4. Who the hell you think I asked first? Bing?

Thanks for your oh so helpful comment.

1- You got that one right, typo.
    2- Africa has swamps do you know... a big problem in the majority of terrain is the excess of humidity and vegetations, not all Africa is a desert.
    3- Where did i say that there was a river on the Himalayas? i said swim trough the indian ocean, not Himalayas river...
    4-This comment wasn't meant to be offensive. It was a humorous way to say google it.

Why did you got so buthurt?