Suggestion: Some way to automate scrap box opening.

• I love recycling things for scrap. It makes even useless materials have some use. However, I would love it if there was some way to automate opening scrap boxes, even if it was just a tweak to make the dispenser do it. Just my little suggestion, and I for one would find it useful.

• being spit out by a dispenser perhaps?

I did mention that it could be done by a dispenser tweak. This would probably be my favourite way to do it, but really anything that would allow me to automate it would be good.

• Official Post

It is indeed possible to hook to the dispenser code via ModLoader, so we could do it that way. Now, personally I prefer opening them myself (it's fun spam-clicking a stack of them and watching the goodies fly), but I can see the appeal of building them into automation.

• It is indeed possible to hook to the dispenser code via ModLoader, so we could do it that way. Now, personally I prefer opening them myself (it's fun spam-clicking a stack of them and watching the goodies fly), but I can see the appeal of building them into automation.

yeah, you could build a scrapbox factory with a sorting table behind it, funneling anything that you dont want back into recyclers... *mouth waters* the possibilities...