Difference between IC2 and IC2_lf?

• I'm playing on an FTB Mindcrack server that is currently using Industrialcraft-2 1.112.170-lf.

Lately I've been experiencing a ton of errors like this one: "26.01 01:33:54 [Server] WARNING EnergyNet.emitEnergyFrom: ic2.core.block.generator.tileentity.TileEntityGeoGenerator@38a8d854 is not added to the enet". The common solution seems to be to update to IC2 184-lf, which I can find, but I also see the same fixes were done in IC2 723.

Could please somebody explain the differences between these two versions to me?

• Official Post

I personally don't update Forge, unless there is a new MC-Version out (still running Dev-Environment on old MC1.4.6-Forge). I just don't want to depend on the latest Forge for absolutely no Reason (like many other Mods sometimes do). If one updates Forge to get access to a new and really needed Feature of it, then good, but if nothing Forgereleated is going to change at all, then better don't update Forge.

• I personally don't update Forge, unless there is a new MC-Version out (still running Dev-Environment on old MC1.4.6-Forge). I just don't want to depend on the latest Forge for absolutely no Reason (like many other Mods sometimes do). If one updates Forge to get access to a new and really needed Feature of it, then good, but if nothing Forgereleated is going to change at all, then better don't update Forge.

I can agree with a developer not updating to use new features if they don't need them, but users should always use the recommended forge because each update generally contains improvements and bug fixes which are important.

• Official Post

I can agree with a developer not updating to use new features if they don't need them, but users should always use the recommended forge because each update generally contains improvements and bug fixes which are important.

Ofcourse I ment that I dont update my Dev-Environment. As User I would always recommend the latest recommended Forge (even though I hate it when Mods, come to me with "your Forge is outdated").