house for IC2

• hi, does someone knows good designs for IC2 houses?

in my first world i had a small house with: 1 bedroom which there was a bed and a lot of chests, the main "living room" where all ic2 machines was placed on a "main wall" with a small room behind it with wires, mfu\batbox units (and solar paines in the roof of that little room)

i am bad at design... and now i wanted to start playing Build Craft, and gregtech machines.. so i need a new house

i like simple houses which have almost anything close and don't need to move a lot around the house to get the stuff i need...

my first house was based on this wiki picture which i really loved

can someone provide me with some examples (either world words, or schematics.. or pictures showing how to build..)

i also love to use solar painels on the top of the house or a part of the top (now i use compact solar arrays mod)

• Under-ground house. You have almost unlimited building room, and the cobblestone you get can be used for the Recycler, etc.
    You also get the benefit of not having to worry about mobs ;)

I generally start with a 11x11x3, then build my "second" floor a bit taller/deeper.

• What is better than the good ol' 9x9?
    (9x9x6 gross size cobblestone/chosen building material house).

Plus, it is the perfect size for most machines you need on a single line and is extremely modular.

• Official Post

What is better than the good ol' 9x9?

The GregTech 20x20!

optional 20x20-Wall around, just for Deco, if the 18x18 is ugly explosion Proof Stone.
    18x18 for the outer Wall (Maybe Explosion Proof or something Decorative)
    16x16 (perfectly inside one Chunk) for the inner Wall (and hidden wiring), this helps me a lot, as I often miscalculate needed Space for the Wiring.
    and a Construction Space of 14x14 in the inside.

For the height I suggest 7 in the Interior and a 3 Blocks thick Roof (to hide Wiring and that Stuff inside, especially if you expand upwards) so like this:

:Gold Dust: = Optional Decorative Outer Wall
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: = Outer Wall
    :Coal Chunk: = Regular Inner Wall

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: |<- Chunk boundary!
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: | :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: | :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: // Roof or another Layer of your Tower
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: | :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: | :Coal Chunk: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: | :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: | :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: | :Coal Chunk: :Extractor: :Electric Furnace: :Macerator: // Wire hidden in the inner Wall in the back.
    :Copper Ore: :Tin Ore: | :Copper Ore: :Uranium Ore: :Copper Ore: :Tin Ore: // The Ground, maybe one could build a Basement there

So that you can easyly add an additional Layer into the Interior for saving Space like this:

:Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coal Chunk: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Glass Fibre: :Canning Machine: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Coal Chunk: :Extractor: :Electric Furnace: :Macerator:
    :Copper Ore: :Tin Ore: :Copper Ore: :Uranium Ore: :Copper Ore: :Tin Ore:

My current Tower is built with most of these Standards, but this is the current Construction Plan for my next Factory.

• erfectly inside one Chunk) for the inner Wall (and hidden wiring), this helps me a lot, as I often miscalculate needed Space for the Wiring.
    and a Construction Space of 14x14 in the inside.

For the height I suggest 7 in the Interior

hello, can you please send me a screenshot? i can't understand how is your house

• I'm personally a fan of making my machines flush with the walls/floor, you may also want to consider using construction foam/scaffolds, its a good way to put up walls quickly, and you can embed cables in it.