Mod Idea: the Fridge

• Hi Guys,

i just thought of a cool addition to IC2, a Fridge.

but not just a simple chestblock with new texture. i mean a real fridge that needs power.

sadly i can`t code worth sh*t, so if anyone wants to make this addon a reality, feel free to do so.

my idea is a special chest/block the size of an ironchest but it needs EU power to keep the food from spoiling. every spoilable food item would need a damage value of course first.

i don`t know how hard it would be to make this mod, but i`m sure it would be a great addition to IC2

• needs EU power to keep the food from spoiling.

I thought we already had inventories that kept food from spoiling: all of them.

What I mean is, your request isn't "add something that prevents food from spoiling", but "make it possible for all food to become spoiled over time, and also add something that prevents (or delays) the spoiling". That's ...not cool, bro.

• This should go into a survival mod, perhaps with an extension to include the Fridge if you have IC2 installed as well. As it is I dont think Alblaka wants to make too many changes to the base code of Minecraft, but this mod would require it (I believe).

• This should go into a survival mod, perhaps with an extension to include the Fridge if you have IC2 installed as well. As it is I dont think Alblaka wants to make too many changes to the base code of Minecraft, but this mod would require it (I believe).

Not really.. Just a few IC2 API hooks to check to see if IC2 is installed, and to implement the functions to 'add' the 'machine' to the ENet...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Not really.. Just a few IC2 API hooks to check to see if IC2 is installed, and to implement the functions to 'add' the 'machine' to the ENet...

I think he is talking about the food to spoil, which might require base file modification.

I think he is talking about the food to spoil, which might require base file modification.

Probably not, maybe just an overlying onWorldTick() check to see if any containers have food, and to measure how long they have been in there... Would be terribly laggy having to do that for EVERY container in SMP...

Still, a machine to freeze water/food and help create compact food stores would be nice... Would be cheaper to use instead of going thru the compressor (for water, that is)...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Probably not, maybe just an overlying onWorldTick() check to see if any containers have food, and to measure how long they have been in there... Would be terribly laggy having to do that for EVERY container in SMP...

Still, a machine to freeze water/food and help create compact food stores would be nice... Would be cheaper to use instead of going thru the compressor (for water, that is)...

Well, that may work similar how MineChem 2 decays its radioactive compounds and how a special chest made of lead "freezes" decaying.
    However you would have to override vanilla food items for that.