Getting a Low Voltage Solar Array to power an MFE via a Transformer?

• Is there any known way to attach a :LV-Transformer: (LV-Transformer) or a Medium Voltage Transformer to a Low Voltage Solar Array, and reverse the transformer with a Redstone Signal to convert it to Medium Voltage to charge an :MFE-Transmitter: (MFE) ?

I'm trying to think of cheaper ways to upgrade to Tier 2 Power. A friend said to use a :Geothermal Generator: (Geothermal Generator). But I need an "always on"; reliable source of power. Heard there's an option to pump from the Nether, but I don't have Thermal Expansion.

• Is it doable? Yes. But why would you want to do that? You realize that an MV storage device can accept straight up LV power right?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Somehow I got it. But I can't get the power to my basic machines.
    I tried putting a LV-Transformer right under the MFE, then attach Copper Cables to my machines. No power coming through. Then I tried putting a Gold Cable between the MFE and the Transformer, nothing.

Tried a MV-Transformer. Same thing. What am I doing wrong? I'm making sure on both the LV and the MV Transformers, the three "dots" are facing the MFE.

I'm basically trying this setup.

• You should be using an LV transformer, not an MV one, and I can't see this in the picture, so are you sure your MFE's output side is facing the wire to the three "dots"?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• How long are your cables, and what kind are you using? There's a power loss of 1 per packet after a distance, and since solar produces packets of one, any cable that's too long kills your power output entirely. 4 segments for copper, 40 for tin.

• Low voltage array :Solar Panel: produce 8 EU/t .
    :Cable: lossing 1 EU per 5 blocks.

So max range of this set are 40 blocks.
    39' block will earn only 0.2 EU/t coz of lossing power on way.

Make sure dot on MFU :MFE-Transmitter: (output energy) are faced on right direction.
    Dot on transformator :LV-Transformer: (input energy) was been on good side.

And dont use :Cable: cable between MFU and other transformator ^^ if MFU will be had more then 32 EU, will be just burn that cable :] copper cable unable take more then 32 EU packet.

• Actually going 39 blocks would give you 1 EU/t, not 0.2 EU/t because EU loss is always rounded down to the nearest whole number.

And I don't usually say this, but you gave me a hard time trying to understand what you were talking about.