[AddOn v1.90] Electric Fishing Pole v1.90-1

• Updated for 1.8 / IC2 1.23 / etc. Now, on to the real work... the charging bench.

Oh sweet I will love you forever if the charging bench is smp support. I'm not sure if you did it before but I heard remours about a such mod before so you don't have to be bothered with MFSU placements lol.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• can i help with a sprite for it? cuz this one looks kinda... not.. that .. well

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• First try, if you have any suggestions please let me know i'll remake it
    Also 'll make 32x32 in faithful style later

Images

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Whoohoo! Gonna give it a shot in a few minutes! Thanks man! ^^
    EDIT: works great! single charge gave me 16 fish :D poor minecraft ecosystem :D
    but the sprite aint perfect, needs some more polishing to fit into game completly, ll do it soon after i'm finished messing with charging table

EDIT2: here we go, more minecraft-ish(i think) looking sprite:

Images

• Haha, this will actualyl be useful it started as a joke but people demanded it to be updated
    :)

• I think that the recipe should use uninsulated copper wire instead of string. That would make a lot more sense even if it is a TESLA COIL ON A STICK! Which is the pinnacle of nonsensity.

• why not HV wire then :rolleyes:

• Funny idea although I'd have designed the recipe a bit different, a battery at the lower left end, the circuit in the middle, the magnetizer at the upper right, then below that an iron wire (maybe 1x isolated) and below that the teslacoil.

Noerts sprite is good but the fact that the 'stick' looks more like a rifle body bothers me : /
    For the 'stick' the magnetizer could be the base, having the circuit and battery built into it although that energy bar on it was a nice thing to show it's not a normal fishing rod.
    Since we're working with high power there it would make sense to make it just black to show it's wrapped up with rubber to keep you from zapping yourself.

Which brings me to a question, does it zap nearby squid too? (I know it wouldn't draw in the ink, that WOULD be non-sense)

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD

• rubber covered would be a good idea in theory, but actually it'll look horrible, i tried it
    thanks for moderately critisizing my sprite, i might revisit it one more time later
    not entirely sure about squid, but i dont think so, it would zap anything it it's way then

• when I put the electric fishing pole , my game would not load. What do I do?

Try changing the item id that fixes lots of things...

You should also make dynimayte on a stick or even industrial TNT on a stick

Over modding is the key to success.

One day creepers will learn how to use doors. Then nobody will be safe...

• Try changing the item id that fixes lots of things...

You should also make dynimayte on a stick or even industrial TNT on a stick

And nobody thought of a nuke on a stick? (A.K.A Happy happy fun time on a stick)

• And nobody thought of a nuke on a stick? (A.K.A Happy happy fun time on a stick)

Yeh, nothing like a whirlpool to fish in... a 40 block microwave fishing rod, delivers the fish cooked too, silly but slightly OP :P