[Addon v2.0.288+] Advanced Reactors is shutting down

• Official Post

The thought has crossed my mind to try and get integrated into core, but I had not considered offering to help with IC2. I dont' know if I have much to offer other than my reactors - but an interesting idea.

At least you have something. I would like to help IC² development, but the only thing i can do is to give out ideas (and moderate the forum to keep everything clean).
    Who knows in the next years i get to learn some C (then java) in the university...

• Who knows in the next years i get to learn some C (then java) in the university...

If you REALLY want to be a decent coder you should start much sooner and on your own. I'm almost certain in the few years you spend in uni you won't really learn much about programming unless you do a metric ton of it in addition to school tasks. At least that was so about 10 years ago when I "studied" it. Apparently even just the 5 years of toying around and not getting past a simple tile-based renderer/x-com remake wannabe I was capable of much more than what was taught in post-grad courses.

• Official Post

If you REALLY want to be a decent coder you should start much sooner and on your own. I'm almost certain in the few years you spend in uni you won't really learn much about programming unless you do a metric ton of it in addition to school tasks. At least that was so about 10 years ago when I "studied" it. Apparently even just the 5 years of toying around and not getting past a simple tile-based renderer/x-com remake wannabe I was capable of much more than what was taught in post-grad courses.

Then i will keep the way i am helping IC². My objective is to be a good "civilian" engineer (the one that builds roads, buildings, dams, railways...), not a programmer.
    Even though i did like writing simple algorithms in "introduction to computing" classes, i don't think i will spend my time doing more than that.

• !!IC2 2.x build!!

I finally managed to sort out my IC2 experimental problems and get a working build. The new e-net updates meant I had to restructure how I was updating reactors when chambers were added - so more code changes than I should have needed. If you try out the experimental build and find any errors please report them and I will try to fix them. I will watch the thread closely for the next week or so for bug reports. I am also watching the IC2 experimental jenkins and will update if I see something that affects the reactors/e-net.

Almost all of my tests did pass, but its quite possible I missed something important. I did notice one error - you can place entire stacks of fuel cells in the reactor and they will all take durability damage but will only output as 1 cell. I am still trying to figure out what I did differently than classic reactors for this.

I will also continue to maintain the old IC²1.x branch (1.0.0pre1) but since its been field tested more extensively, I anticipate it will need very little attention. Once IC²2.x becomes fully adopted, I will re-release the experimental jar as pre2 with any required bugfixes.

Hopefully future updates will be faster, but I'm pretty sure I said that before and didn't deliver :(

Have fun! :)

• It is still not possible to use any Inventory Managment Mod on the reactors (like AE or BC), or am I doing something wrong?

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
    Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten feuertrunken,
    Himmlische, dein Heiligthum!
    Deine Zauber binden wieder
    Was die Mode streng geteilt;
    Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
    Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

• Not yet, I will add that.

I can manage to extract items with many mods (routers from FZ, transposers from GT, nodes from Extra utilities), but I cannot insert items in any way I have found so far, which is a shame. This mod looks very interesting, but there is no way I am hand loading 10 reactors.

• It is still not possible to use any Inventory Managment Mod on the reactors (like AE or BC), or am I doing something wrong?

I can manage to extract items with many mods (routers from FZ, transposers from GT, nodes from Extra utilities), but I cannot insert items in any way I have found so far, which is a shame

Updated. 1.0.1-exp includes support for BC pipes and AE buses.

Do be careful: the IC2 fuel rods stack in v2.x and if you pipe them into a reactor they will stack inside the chamber (classic and advanced reactors). If IC2 manages to fix the bug it should be easy for me to fix it on my end (if it doesn't get fixed by what they do).

Have fun with your new features and let me know if they don't work correctly.

Edit: I should also mention there were a couple of small changes to the IC2 api recently (nothing serious) but if you have a problem with Advanced Reactors try deleting the ic2 folder inside the jar.

• Updated. 1.0.1-exp includes support for BC pipes and AE buses.

Do be careful: the IC2 fuel rods stack in v2.x and if you pipe them into a reactor they will stack inside the chamber (classic and advanced reactors). If IC2 manages to fix the bug it should be easy for me to fix it on my end (if it doesn't get fixed by what they do).

Have fun with your new features and let me know if they don't work correctly.

Oh... When I tried IC2 experimental yesterday it was too much of a mess to run on our server, any chances of a 4.01lf update for automation as well, until IC2 exp settles down more?

• Oh... When I tried IC2 experimental yesterday it was too much of a mess to run on our server, any chances of a 4.01lf update for automation as well, until IC2 exp settles down more?

I will update the 401 build, but I might not get to it today.

• Oh... When I tried IC2 experimental yesterday it was too much of a mess to run on our server, any chances of a 4.01lf update for automation as well, until IC2 exp settles down more?

I uploaded a pre2 for IC²1.118.401. It includes the BC pipe + AE bus support from the experimental build. As always, report any errors on this thread.

While I was updating I noticed a possible bug in the experimental build where you can't use AE to insert into chamber blocks. I have fixed that in this build and I just have to update the other build, I will build and test that in the morning.

• possibly false alarm with that AE bug, has anyone had any problems inserting components via AE into attached reactor chamber blocks (instead of directly into the reactor core blocks)?

• Not sure if known, but the reactors aren't exploding, but are disappearing instead. Running IC2 Experimental - build 215

Code
    Client> 2013-09-20 19:38:18 [WARNING] [AdvancedReactors] IC2.core.ExplosionIC2 is unavailable - cannot explode reactor
  • Not sure if known, but the reactors aren't exploding, but are disappearing instead. Running IC2 Experimental - build 215

That has to be one of the strangest bug reports, effectively: "My reactor exploded but did not destroy my everything" I like it :)
    1.0.2 (for IC2 2.0.195+) fixes that bug.