Modular Powersuits not charging after GregTech uninstall

• Hi folks,
    I had my Modular Powersuit charging just fine in a fully charged MFSU up until I accidentally made the mistake of installing GregTech. I have since removed GregTech, but my Power Glove will no longer even be accepted by the MFSU. I checked my config for Modular Powersuits and the IC2 recipes line is set to TRUE, and anything else in there that references IC2 is turned on. Does anyone know if I have to do anything else to fix this? I am so sad that I cannot recharge my Powersuit stuff now.

Any help would be awesomely appreciated.

• This should be in the Modular Powersuit thread.

As for the help, if you haven't tried uninstalling and updating Powersuits and IC2 yet, you should try that first with a new set of configs
    Otherwise, try making a new Glove
    If all else fails, post the bug with a crash log or Console information on the powersuits and Gregtech thread, it might be a bug in powersuits or GT

• This should be in the Modular Powersuit thread.

As for the help, if you haven't tried uninstalling and updating Powersuits and IC2 yet, you should try that first with a new set of configs
    Otherwise, try making a new Glove

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you Uninstall and update Powersuites and IC2 when you have a world that has both in it? I think my problem with that is that I have had to make some modifications to other configs so I don't have block ID conflicts. I finally got the Forestry and Advanced Solar Panels mods working and I am really scared I will 'f' it all up. :) Guess I could just make a full backup of my .minecraft folder in case. Just paranoid I guess. What is the correct procedure to "uninstall" a mod like IC2? Just remove the JAR file? What about all the rest of the configs etc? How can I be sure I got it all out?

• Pardon my ignorance, but how do you Uninstall and update Powersuites and IC2 when you have a world that has both in it? I think my problem with that is that I have had to make some modifications to other configs so I don't have block ID conflicts. I finally got the Forestry and Advanced Solar Panels mods working and I am really scared I will 'f' it all up. :) Guess I could just make a full backup of my .minecraft folder in case. Just paranoid I guess. What is the correct procedure to "uninstall" a mod like IC2? Just remove the JAR file? What about all the rest of the configs etc? How can I be sure I got it all out?

If you remove the mod from the mods or coremods folder (You were correct about that one) but not the .cfg file in the config folder. the moment you put a new version of the mod in (provided the thread doesn't say to delete the .cfg) the mod will read the file without any problems. If you delete the .cfg file and make a new one, you should change the Block and Item ID's to match the last ones.

For example

If :Quantum-Bodyarmor: = Item ID of 12345 in the world and the Config also has :Quantum-Bodyarmor: = 12345 then there won't be any problems
    However if :Quantum-Bodyarmor: =12345 in world and the Config has :Quantum-Bodyarmor: =12346, then you will loose your body amour if you are wearing it and any storage item with a body amour inside before the change may or may not be accessible. this is worse if the ID change is a block, in which case the Block shadow will still be there until you replace it with another block

I would also like to point out that it is more complicated to remove a jar mod (Like Forge) as you will have to perform a Force update in order to remove it (Unless you use MultiMC :D)

Hope this helps

• Official Post

I dont modify Charging Code of Electric Items. If there is a Problem, then you might wanna Check if your Glove still has the Capacitor inside. Without Capacitor you wont get any Charge into it.