New Type Nuclear Reactor

• Sounds very cool. I love multiblocks bacause + realism + cost. Tough i wouldn't expect this to show up anywhere other than greg-tech, you should go suggest there.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Now to make things more fun. I propose to change heat generated by cells from constant to fluctuation. So a single cell would produce not a constant 10 heat/tick but a random number from 5 to 15. So 50% - 150% /tick. Overall the heat generation would be the same, but this gives a chance for spontaneous heat surges to appear. But it’s just a proposition.

Agreed. I want reactors not to be automatable, so you have to play with the GUI (because it's fun ^^) and to keep surveilling it. Of course this would also mean it would increase both efficiency and output alot.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Agreed. I want reactors not to be automatable, so you have to play with the GUI (because it's fun ^^) and to keep surveilling it. Of course this would also mean it would increase both efficiency and output alot.

I propose to add:
    1 molten reactor fuel (accident) - Radioactive lava with the fuel burns through the surface. You can put out a special solution. Turns into a frozen radioactive residues.
    2 spent fuel - radioactive, needs to be cooled and stored in special containers. In need of disposal.
    3 molten salt - in the reactor become radioactive and in need of disposal.

I can give a detailed idea

• Edited once, last by maled1st: molten salt reactor suggest an idea you can do: exchanger - off molten salt reactor temperature by passing the water converting it to steam deaerator - clears the molten salt reactor of radioactive substances and provides forced circulation of the molten salt reactor in the reactor heat relaxing tanks with waste and spent nuclear fuel - block radiaktiv ().

• Official Post

@Above: Wow, I never thought it would even be possible to fail THAT much at Quoting and editing a Post. I know you are new here, so you might have misunderstood things, but wow.

• you can do:

exchanger - off molten salt reactor temperature by passing the water converting it to steam

deaerator - clears the molten salt reactor of radioactive substances
    and provides forced circulation of the molten salt reactor in the reactor heat relaxing

tanks with waste and spent nuclear fuel - block radiaktiv :Reactor:

• more can be done
    drum separator - separates the pairs in both dry and wet, wet steam is condensed and the water can also be sent to the reactor

• Honestly, the big problem with CASUC is its open loop design. Water in, steam out, .....

So to solve this:

Coolant generator: Create boiler water from normal water, 1:1 with high energy and chemicals cost
    Nuclear reactor: Convert 1 boiler water into 1 steam
    Steam turbine: Convert 1 steam into (insert EU here) and 1 hot water
    Cooling tower: Convert 1 hot water into 1 boiler water

But what stops people from voiding the water entirely? The coolant generator energy+chemicals cost should do it, even if its breakeven it should keep it at the minimum, but the ultimate solution is to ditch steam is a liquid entirely and do this http://www.minecraftforum.net/…or-universal-electricity/ style

And it will open up a new world of steam engineering, something that even Railcraft and GregTech steam engines are not yet capable yet (but this itself is a huge topic, so I need to open up a new thread) Imagine needing to drive the coolant temperature as low as possible using a lot of multiblock cooling towers so the condenser could condense a lot of steam that create a vacuum that boosts up power generation...

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

Edited once, last by thepowdertoy ().