[AddOn v1.90] Charging Bench v1.90-1

• For some reason when I put an HV into my inventory its turn into an LV. Then if I place an LV I cannot open it.

Not sure why this is not working.

Any help would be great im using version 2.3.2.10 Bukkit port.

Agility

• I just installed the latest IC2 which greatly increases the need to recharge armor due to the higher rate of energy use on damage, so I have a need for this mod now.

It looks like it hasn't been updated in forever. I'll grab the copy from the opening post, decompile it, update it to the latest IC2 1.103 API calls with the nicer texture posted earlier in the thread and release a copy for forge client and forge vanilla (not bukkit) server.

• It's not a problem. It looks like this is going to be a bit tricky as the 1.90-1 files posted still use ModLoaderMP and do not seem to use the IC2 API at all.

-edit-
    Yup, looks like they are extending BaseModMP and using none of the Forge GUI calls or the IC2 API at all. This is going to require some work, but it isn't impossible. It may just take me awhile longer than I expected. I'll post more when I have something to report.

• It's not a problem. It looks like this is going to be a bit tricky as the 1.90-1 files posted still use ModLoaderMP and do not seem to use the IC2 API at all.

-edit-
    Yup, looks like they are extending BaseModMP and using none of the Forge GUI calls or the IC2 API at all. This is going to require some work, but it isn't impossible. It may just take me awhile longer than I expected. I'll post more when I have something to report.

Sent you this link in a PM, but reposting here in case anyone else is interested - this updated source may help.. somewhat:

https://github.com/mushroomhos…ch/tree/master/obf-client - uses Forge/FML, updated for Forge GUI calls (extends NetworkMod instead of BaseModMp, uses getGuiElement())
    https://github.com/mushroomhos…tree/master/bukkit-server - same, but server-side port

Unfortunately, neither are built to compile using MCP.

Looking forward to your update/rewrite of this classic add-on, very much needed :). I never did complete a vanilla SMP server update, hopefully you'll be able to..

• I made a bunch of progress on this the other day, but then ended up getting busy with other things in real life that have pushed this to the back burner for a short bit. I have my code changes compiling, but both the server and client side crash as soon as you load up a world. I've also moved to proper forge GUI calls and extending NetworkMod.

Of course, with the release of IC2 for Minecraft 1.3.2 coming soon, this will again need massive updates. I'm going to do my best to get a version out for IC2 1.103 for MC1.2.5 and then work on porting this to MC 1.3.2 and whatever version of IC2 is available.

• SSP bug (yet to try SMP):
    MSFU + Copper Cable + Charging Bench MK1 = Infinite explosion

• SSP bug (yet to try SMP):
    MSFU + Copper Cable + Charging Bench MK1 = Infinite explosion

This isn't actually a bug in Charging Bench, but a bug with IC2 itself and phantom energy connections.

I have a method for obtaining deobfuscated but still compiled IC2 files to link against during compiling and reobfuscating, so I can work with properly deobfuscated source code.

After working through a bug I caused when doing some updates (oops!), I have an initial test version, not using the IC2 API yet, that should work for both vanilla forge servers and clients. I do not think my client will be compatible with the bukkit forge version mushroomhostage did, nor do I think their client will be compatible with the vanilla forge server version I did.

I know how to do bukkit ports as well, so that's my next step after confirming that this works with my own server. That way, we're all on the same page. :)

I'll continue to work on a total rewrite of the mod. I don't like the crafting recipe at all (makes no sense, it is an energy storage block but doesn't have any batteries or anything), and it does need to be ported to the API. That version won't get released until it gets updated to 1.3.2 and IC2 for 1.3.2, whenever that happens.

I'll post download links for the client and server files here once I have a chance to test them and make sure they are working as expected.

• Attached is an initial beta release of the charging bench mod updated to IC2 1.103 and Minecraft 1.2.5. The server version is for vanilla forge. I am requiring Forge 3.3.8.x and newer builds for Minecraft 1.2.5 for this mod. I do not yet have a bukkit release.

I do not believe this port will be compatible with prior unofficial updates made to the original mod, but you are welcome to try. If you do, please make a backup of your world first. I'm not responsible if this thing deletes your hard work. If you do try updating from a prior unofficial release, please report your success, or failure. I am running this beta on my own private server and so far everything seems to work but there hasn't been extensive testing.

If all goes well, I'll have a bukkit server version tonight and will update this post.

For now, please report any bugs that come up with these unofficial updates in this thread. Please give full error details such as what you were doing when it happened, the expected outcome and what actually happened along with full error logs. I don't expect anything to come up but you never know.

-edit-
    Added BRIEFLY TESTED bukkit port. I've launched the server, connected, placed a charging bench, verified the GUI opens and works, verified it's able to receive energy from the energy net by placing a MFSU next to it and charging it up with some solar panels, verified that the charging bench charges things placed in it and that it's able to be removed and placed again without issues. I haven't done any extensive testing though. I've made the normal required modifications to the source for a bukkit port so it SHOULD work, but please test it and let me know.

• Sweet! testing

God blesses the child that can hold its own.

• Thanks for updating it :)

Is it possible for you to move the sprites to be /ic2/sprites like in the old version though?

Just means custom texture packs don't need to update just to change structure :)