Name: Charging Bench
Summary: A 12-slot work bench that can charge all your tools or batteries at once.
Adds the brand new Charging Bench, an electric machine with 12 charging slots for all your tools,batteries, and anything else you can stuff in the top slot of a batbox. Comes in three varieties, one for each tier. It's even smart enough to unstack batteries if you place them into it stacked! Plus, if it's redstone powered, it'll reverse operation and discharge batteries to emit power instead.
Charging Benches now work with upgrade components!
Overclocker upgrade - Allows the bench to go through multiple charge/discharge cycles per tick, effectively going beyond normal transfer limits. The effect is calculated using the usual ratio, then rounded to the nearest integer. Like other machines, overclockers get increasing returns to the point of ridiculousness after a certain point. Of course, it can still only charge with the energy it's got, so you'll probably want to invest in storage and transformer upgrades, too! Example multipliers:
0 upgrades - 1x
1 upgrade - 1x (it rounded down)
2 upgrades - 2x
3 upgrades - 3x
4 upgrades - 4x
5 upgrades - 6x
6 upgrades - 8x
16 upgrades (max for charging benches) - 301x (enough to charge quantum armor in 4 ticks!)
- Energy storage upgrade - Adds 10,000 EU storage per upgrade, to a maximum of however many you can stuff in there. Great for setting up burst charging without having to hook fifty MFSUs to your bench.
- Transformer upgrade - Increases the tier of the charging bench for all purposes except outputting energy. That means that you can make your Mk1 charging bench accept HV (or even EV and beyond!) and charge and discharge lapotron crystals! The only difference between a Mk3 bench and an upgraded Mk1 (besides the Mk3 having a slightly higher base energy storage) is that the Mk1 will still only generate one 32 EU packet per tick when redstone powered, allowing it to remain safe to use in an LV environment.
IndustrialCraft Charging Bench Review! by Kane Hart
Charging Bench Mk 1
Charging Bench Mk2
Charging Bench Mk3
The three tiers of charging benches together.
Using an energy crystal in a Mk2 charger to fill up a bunch of batteries.
Just put it in your mods folder.
Previous versions are now available in an old version archive.
Update to IC2 1.90
Update to IC2 1.81
Fixed using energy crystals and lapotron crystals in the input slot.
Implement upgrade slots.
Restored per-item transfer limits, since overclockers are now available to work around them.
Update to IC2 1.70
Rearrange inventory slots for more useful shift-clicking.
Update to IC2 1.64
Write config file earlier for easier ID conflict resolution
Ignore transfer limits to items on the bench
Update to IC2 1.42
Update to IC2 1.337b
- 1.23-2b (client only)
Pre-load the charging bench texture to prevent rendering glitches and other misfortune.
Added decharging mode when redstone powered
Update to IC2 1.23
Increased internal storage so that nano/quantum suits can charge properly (thanks Ket)
- 1.1 Added config file.
- 1.0 Initial Release
Permission to Port, Package, and Plagiarize
- Porting - You may freely port this mod to any platform that I don't make releases for (e.g. Bukkit). If I'm unusually busy and don't update it fast enough after a new IC2 release, you may (if you're so inclined) make an unofficial port of the mod to the new version of IC2 and link it in this thread.
- Mod Packs - You may include this mod in any server-specific mod pack, or in any public mod pack which has permission to include IC2.
- Reuse and Derivative Works - You may decompile this mod and use parts of its source code in your own work, except those parts which are borrowed from IC2's source code. (I think the provideEnergy method is the only thing left that contains any real copy-pasted material.) If you use any significant amount of material from this mod in your own, I would appreciate being credited and notified about the mod. (Mostly just because I'd be curious to see what you made out of it.)
Coding & Sprites - Drashian