[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Machines - now with Array Solars! [Not to be confused with Solar Arrays]

• Configurable everything = "hey i have a great idea, instead of designing a mod, let's make the users design it for us!"
    Except that 99.999999999% of users won't even notice it's a config option. And you still need a default (which that 99.999999999% will use).

Inserting from the top *does* make sense...

what happens if your poll results in an even split between the two options?
    if not in a config file, maybe a mode button on the machine?

• I mostly finished those new machines, then went away for a while and completely forgot about them. Sorry!

57.1.0:

• Added vacuum canner.
    • Added thermal washer.
    • Added compacting recycler.
    • Changed redstone behaviour back. Machines require a redstone signal, or work, to heat up.
    • Machines heat up 1/4 as fast as before. Previously they heated up much faster than induction furnaces.
    • Machines cool down 1/2 as fast as before - twice as fast as they heat up.
    • Added configs for heat-up and cool-down rate. (Heat-up cannot be nerfed more, as it is now 1)
    • Changed rotary macerator recipe. It now takes 56 flint.
    • All machines are now sideless, except for vacuum canners. Battery slots are now inaccessible to automation.

Edit: The reason for the new Rotary Macerator recipe is that IC2 is moving away from refined iron, and it may not exist in the future. It's not just for the sake of nerfing.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited 2 times, last by immibis ().

• Official Post

Added vacuum canner.
    Added thermal washer.
    Added compacting recycler.

YAY :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I have downloaded the addon and I couldn't be loving it any more! :D

Although some of the machinery looks kind of unfitting due to the lower resolutions of the machines, but, fear no more!

Here's my grain of sand to enhance this mod even further!

Yup, enhanced textures gentlemen! Tell me what do you think, and if you want some download links!

• Edit: The reason for the new Rotary Macerator recipe is that IC2 is moving away from refined iron, and it may not exist in the future. It's not just for the sake of nerfing.

Was just about to ask about that, Thanks for already having it up to date!
    Also, nice work on the other machines!

• I noticed that I can stick items into the Compacting Recycler's bottom slot.
    Items that are not batteries.

Also, the recycler needs configurable scrap chance, fixed 100% is OP.

• It's not supposed to be 100%...

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• It's not supposed to be 100%...

I did a quick test and it indeed yields scrap with a 100% chance.
    Also, Is it supposed to reach 90k gibbl?
    Even at only 40k gibbl, it takes merely 5 seconds to scrap a whole stack.

One more thing, what aobut upgrade slots?
    Speed shouldn't be the issue, but I'd like to be able to put some transformer/energy storage or even better, ejector upgrades into them.

• I did a quick test and it indeed yields scrap with a 100% chance.

One more thing, what aobut upgrade slots?
    Speed shouldn't be the issue, but I'd like to be able to put some transformer/energy storage or even better, ejector upgrades into them.

the original advanced machines didn't have upgrade slots and this is a "faithful" update to that mod and as such it is unlikely to get any upgrade slots.

• I just tested the compacting recycler, it's definitely not outputting scrap for every item inserted for me.

However, it is still outputting more than it should. Each stack in the screenshot represents the results from a full stack of recycled material. The average return was 17.777... scrap from 64 blocks, where IC2 standard should be 8 scrap from 64 blocks. So for me the compacting recycler gives roughly twice as much as it should.

Also:

While testing the thermal washer, I noticed that water supply via a buildcraft pipe wasn't nearly fast enough. The processing would halt and wait for more water all the time. So I broke the buildcraft pipe to replace it with something better... But, this act of breaking the pipe caused all three new machines (they were side by side) to instantly explode as if given too much power. EDIT: yeah, seems the thermal washer constantly drains water while hot, and behaves like a boiler (add water to a dry tank while hot -> boom). And even a fluiduct isn't nearly fast enough, good luck keeping this thing fed :D

Finally, shift-click support would be great :)

• single pipe? no, found that it takes at least 2
    but you might want to consider a BC pump for each or place one in between a pair, they can output more than a single gold pipe can handle

• Perhaps the recycler chance is affected by the version of IC2 you have - so:

57.1.1:

• Compacting recyclers don't use the IC2 recipe API.

I noticed that I can stick items into the Compacting Recycler's bottom slot.
    Items that are not batteries.

Is that a problem?

I did a quick test and it indeed yields scrap with a 100% chance.

Yes. At 90k gibbl, it will recycle one item every tick (3.2 seconds per stack).

Battery snot included.

• Could you please please please add a config option to toggle redstone signal for machines. And maybe SHIFT click support, I would much appreciate it.

• It's amazing what this addon has become. Due to how awesome it is, it is an essential for any industrial modpack. I will be installing it right away.