Bug of the gates of BuildCraft with instruments of IndustrialCraft2

• I’m from Russia, so I translated into English Google, sorry. I do not know what fashion is to blame. But he tried to show in the picture errors gates.

I could use the golden gates, but imagine the stove. How many things in it melted. In many Gate slots will not. I contacted the technical support mods BuildCraft, but there's nothing good is said and like all piled on developers mods IndustrialCraft. So who is to blame? Because of this it is impossible to move to 1.5.2. Here's a link to the topic at support BuuildCraft.
    http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/…topic/error-in-the-gates/
    Thanks!

P.S. On version 1.4.7 everything worked. And depended on which side you put the pipe.

• Alright so as far as I can understand the gates detects the overclocker upgrade as item in inventory. As far as I know it shouldn't happen

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Official Post

And how then do the automation? I have 1.4.7 on a factory built.

Without the gates as do automation?

GregTech automation, RP2 automation, you have countless mods that does automation.
    Even Thaumcraft3 can be used for that.

• At the Gate of BuildCraft logic automation different. If there are no items, and then the engine is not running does not consume energy. I even think that the server easier to receiving coverage The burden. We ThaumCraft golems. In RP2 taumery who work constantly. And what kind of automation in GregTech?

• If these machines are setup so they only process one item, just go up to gold autarchic gates and use the item filter with the item in inventory check. It is the box that appears next to the gate options.
    Then the gates will only pull when it detects those items
    I don't understand your desire to turn the gates on and off, the side determines where it pulls from, not the gate.

• Buildcraft is depricated. Normal Inventories are no longer Sided at all.

BuildCraft is very much dependent on other mods to implement parts of the API. There are both advantages and disadvantages related to that. It can mean tighter integration and enriched experience for the player, but it also means more work for the developers of the mod and potential failure for BuildCraft if mods stops using the API.

BuildCraft gates have never been able to distinguish input and output slots in compressors or similar inventories like the normal furnace. I personally didn't know that gates were ever able see the upgrades slots as different from the rest either. Sided or not. I simply trusted OP to be correct. I've never really tested it myself because I've never really needed it to be the case.

There are now a lot of alternatives to the logistics components in BuildCraft. Alternatives that might require less work before you have an acceptable integration, but I still hope that the IC2 team will continue to implement the parts of the BuildCraft API where customization is needed and that they find time to make it even better than it was before.

My suggestion in this case would be to either remove the upgrade slots from the exposed inventory or to create custom inventory triggers so that the upgrade slots are excluded.

• Official Post

My advice as a "skilled" player : Only use Buildcraft for automation if you have NO other choices. (which is definetely not your case)
    Try playing around with the other mods you have and you WILL find better solutions.

• My advice as a "skilled" player : Only use Buildcraft for automation if you have NO other choices. (which is definetely not your case)
    Try playing around with the other mods you have and you WILL find better solutions.

Meh, I'm actually the opposite. If it's not possible with BuildCraft, then it's not worth doing. I should probably add that I've still not found anything that I can't automate with BuildCraft. Many things might be difficult, but that's what makes it fun. Using for example AE instead would cheapen the reward.

• Official Post

Meh, I'm actually the opposite. If it's not possible with BuildCraft, then it's not worth doing. I should probably add that I've still not found anything that I can't automate with BuildCraft. Many things might be difficult, but that's what makes it fun. Using for example AE instead would cheapen the reward.

Buildcraft may be what can automate most things, but it is not user/server friendly as it is not fail-safe and WILL eventually cause problems due overflows and excessive amounts of items flowing in pipes.

Also BC can be completely substituted by AE and mostly by GT.