Stackable empty EU-Storages

• So empty batteries are stackable... why the heck aren't empty lapotrons and energy-crystals stackable?

Their unstackability makes crafting a pain and whatever works for the battery should work for them too. Even just a stack of 4 would make crafting with them so much easier. I just crafted 8 MFEs... which means 32 Energy-Crystals so many the maximum Inventory-Space is 36 (considering the quickslots are inventory-space).

So I would really like these two items to behave like batteries when newly crafted, since most of the time they are directly used for crafting anyway.

• This has came up several times before, and the main reason why I've seen it not get changed is that it would take 2 more item ids.

And if you need to craft them, like you said, Applied energetics, or xycraft Fabricators work great.

• I doubt that you need another ID for it.

You propably could simply use the empty-battery with meta-data. But even with 2 more ItemIDs you won't run out of them that fast.

The project-table was the only early-game source (and actually the unstackability of certain IC2-Items are the only reason next to gate-assembling, why the project-table even exists) to manage this problem. XyCraft would work, but as long as there isn't a version that doesn't create tremendous amounts of lag I will not use it (well there isn't even a released version for 1.5.2).

AE works. But it is quite expensive just for being able to handle energy-crystals. You normally have it in place when you handle Lap-Crystals. The only reason this is in place for batteries is because of generators... and I never really understood why you need a battery for a generator (it would make sense if you would need batteries for all normal machines too, because they also have an internal storage, and neither the generator nor normal machines have as much storage as a battery does (funny enough the generator has a internal storage of 4k EU, while all other generators have no internal storage at all).

So the fixing the stacking-issue with batteries was a strange design-choice necessary because of another strange design-choice (requiring batteries for machines that can't store energy). And since there is no reason to save IDs (if IC2 would like to save IDs they could pack all the ingots and dusts into one Item-ID), there is also no reason to not extend the battery-behavior to Energy-Crystals and Lap-Crystals. And if you could manage to pack all these "undamaged" items into 1 ID you might also look into making nuclear-components behave similar (as long as the reactor only accepts 1 per slot, it could work).

IC2 already is a mod that is incredible oldschool in regards to providing comfort to the player and this seems like a pretty small change compared to the benefits it provides to players.

• entire energy part can be moved to NBT metadata with nice display below item name about how many energy is stored, just like eloraam did with energy storage blocks, that stackable if charge is same...

few tweaks in code and machines will be able to correctly drain power from stacked lapotrons and stack of lapotrons will provide nice 640kk energy.

currently, too many mods provide extremely powerfull sources of energy to keep lapos and reds unstackable.