Weapons? Weapons!

• IC2 has many features, like Automated Agriculture, Automated Mining, Nuclear Generators.

But the only weapons presents are a sword (the Nanosaber) and a Mining Laser.

Nanosaber is quite expensive to craft and use, and it can be dangerous using the laser as a weapon because you could hit your home fighting zombies.

I want to advice to add some weapons, like laserguns, energyguns or anything else more powerful than a bow..

Thanks.

• Weapons are more or like denied until the Mythic expansion for IC², Industrium Conflict is released. But it's not likely to be released a day.
    You can still suggest Ideas to addon-makers though.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• If you go to minecraft forums modding section, you will find about 50 weapon mods/page. Even through only 40 topics per page are shown. Seriously. Theres at last 1000 mods adding weapons. I've once seen a mod that adds 150 swords. 150! God damn it. just enchant your diamond sword and stop bothering modders about weapons.

• Official Post

Currently, there is NO IC² addon that is intended to work only for weapons.

Really, I wish i could use all modern weapons, like automated guns and nuclear/biological/chemical warfare, causing devastation to everything!
    The only problem about Minecraft is the lack of armies, aka enough players to create a real war.
    There could be an addon that allowed us to create entire armies of soldiers, spies, pilots, whatever people is needed in a war, everything controlled by AI, following your orders.
    For example, A multiblock machine that allows the training and creation of soldiers, armed with weapons you create through military industries.
    AI combats, different behavior with different weapons, different targets, better/lower effectiveness due terrain (biome)...

Anyway, thats just an idea which would fit the industrial concept, but it needs an insane amount of work to make it reality (code-wise).

• If you go to minecraft forums modding section, you will find about 50 weapon mods/page. Even through only 40 topics per page are shown. Seriously. Theres at last 1000 mods adding weapons. I've once seen a mod that adds 150 swords. 150! God damn it. just enchant your diamond sword and stop bothering modders about weapons.

I know that there are tons of weapons mod, but i've posted in Suggestion of IndustrialCraft Forum because i'd like see and use a IC2 weapon.
    And i'm not asking "PLS ADD WEPONS PLZZZ I WANNA WEAPONS" i'm just making a "suggestion"
    Please, WWII guns are annoying...

It would be really nice, a fantastic thing.
    For now, maybe Greg could add a plasmagun that uses plasmacells from Fusionreactor and causes lot of damage...

• Official Post

Lag much?
    that is one of the major reasons that armies will never really work on a large scale in minecraft. Such things would require huge amounts of time to calculate, and won't be practical

Thats true, but having about 100 entities fightning wouldnt be SO laggy, i think. (50x50)
    Each "soldier" would be expensive, requiring weapons, food, armor ...

• Official Post

I am Learning coding (slowly but meh) and the first major mod i intend to make is Weaponized, with Hopefully Tinkers Construct style customizable Guns, with each different Gun part having to be Discovered through Manual world research (For example, Explosive Bullets would be firing Bullets at an Explosion to see what happens) which unlocks their crafting recipe. Also with neat models. Only problem is i am currently ******** **** fanny mcgee's **** on a ******* **** stick armed with ********** **** on a hot cross **** mickey mouse **** edible ******* bucket **** (Anyone get the reference?) at coding, much better at Art.

• any possible industrial craft weapon is just one more griefing tool...

tactical and strategical explosives will be used to raze random homes or just everything around

biological weapons will wipe farms

guns and other stuff useless due imbantum armor set

• any possible industrial craft weapon is just one more griefing tool...

One did never try PvP with IC² ... You know, running IC² and GT for PvP is already awesome, since it makes the game kind of a race to the weapon, but the point is, there is not enough weapons for now (Q-Suit, Nano Saber, Mining Laser, Nuke ... and that's all).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Well, servers should can disable them like nukes, but... there aren't weapons yet, so it's useles to discuss now.

• Mass-produce/vat-breed the grunts, with players doing whatever takes more brains than is required to fill an eggcup. I can't see an AI handling a plane that well... Although it might be hilarious to watch ("Herpdy derp how i take off? ... WHEE!" *Crash* *KABOOM!*). A jeep or truck? Maybe. But that would probably require setting pre-planned paths for them to simply follow like a mouse in a maze... At which point, they could easily be replaced with a rail line for supplies & soldiers, just a touch cheaper for longer distances.

What about conscripting from villages? Make those free-loading Testificates useful to the non-traders amongst us, aside from being pieces of iron farms...

:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

• Lag much?
    that is one of the major reasons that armies will never really work on a large scale in minecraft. Such things would require huge amounts of time to calculate, and won't be practical

Custom NPC's is the closest I have seen to making armies, but there isn't a legit way to do it as it is intended for map makers