Suggestion: Adding recipe of nether quartz from uu-matter.

• Recently I had an idea to make a map like SkyBlock.
    Skyblock is a map with empty world. All blocks around you are air except a small island made of dirt and a tree on it. You also have a chest with buckets of water and lava in it, to make a cobblestone generator. This is enough to make most things in minecraft.

But when I thought about what happens if we join skyblock and industrial craft 2, I was very surprised. If you have uu-matter, a lot of things became craftable, which you cannot get in original skyblock, for example diamonds, lapis, obsidian and some others. Also a lot of things like water and lava can be removed from start chest. Sometimes I thought that uu-matter recipes was made especially for ic2 being compatible with skyblock xD

But some useful items can not be obtained even with help of ic2. They are:

- Nether quartz.
    - All tree saplings, except rubber tree sapling and oak sapling, because they can be planted by terraformer.
    - Uranium. But it must be very expensive to prevent getting infinite energy using reactor.

PS. English is not my native language so I am sorry if I made a mistakes.

• 1st: A map like Skyblock, is not intended that you obtain what is not present.

2nd: I dunno about nether quartz, maybe, EU cost depending on rarity.

3rd: Tree saplings... honestly thats a bit useless. Could be added, but personally, i would rather the devs focus on something else.

4th: Uranium... useless, the only reason you would create it with UUM would be nukes, following the rational idea that it costs more UUM than what its able to produce, but that wouldnt even be easy to do, different reactor layouts and interactions with other mods would create more or less power from uranium.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Viper8797, Your message is really big with quote.
    1) Intended or not, it will be my own map with my rules. The key word is "like" SkyBlock :)
    2) No matter how much it will cost, sometimes quartz is indispensable.
    3) I agree, they are just for decor.
    4) Uranium recipe must be, just for possibility to get it, as a saplings. In skyblock-like maps, when you cannot mine uranium, recipe will be useful.
    If you read a recipes of uu-matter you will see, that there is a lots of useless recipes. Maybe they are for such reasons as skyblock-like maps? :)

• You knw, I'm pretty sure there is a mod tha makes you able to make recipies like that easily. IC² is not intended to be a "for-skyblock-maps-mod".

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

MatLaPatate, right, mod exists: custom stuff. But the idea of a matter is to craft all other resources from it. Strangely enough, it is so, except uranium and quartz.

Uranium : Infinite energy loop
    Quartz : Recently added resource, devs didnt implement it yet probably due their main developer (alblaka) being "away".

• Uranium : Infinite energy loop

He told of it in the OP but ... basically, one can't make a UUM recipie not allowing energy loop with Uranium because of scraps and max UU in the crafting grid = 9 (= 1 500 000 EU, already taken by diamonds btw)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

He told of it in the OP but ... basically, one can't make a UUM recipie not allowing energy loop with Uranium because of scraps and max UU in the crafting grid = 9 (= 1 500 000 EU, already taken by diamonds btw)

One could make uranium require UUM blocks...

• One could make uranium require UUM blocks...

Adding 2 crafts for that ? I prefer the Ura not being UUM-able, to prevent Nuke spam.
    Seriously, what bu nuke would you do with Uranium from UUM ??? ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Adding 2 crafts for that ? I prefer the Ura not being UUM-able, to prevent Nuke spam.
    Seriously, what bu nuke would you do with Uranium from UUM ??? ^^

Storing potential energy (with a considerable loss) , making nukes, making stuff that requires UUM. [Two examples : ASP and xtrabees]

• Storing potential energy (with a considerable loss) , making nukes, making stuff that requires UUM. [Two examples : ASP and xtrabees]

So apart from compatibility with OP mods and storing energy in the stupidest way ever (electrolyzing cells seems better ... ^^), what else ? ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The most efficient reactor can produce 28 millions EU from 4 uranium ingots. The craft of 2x uranium ore (4 ingots) may be: 2 diamond blocks + 1 diamond + 1 matter. To get this just from energy you need more than 28 millions of EU, if we try to not think about other reactor components.

• Official Post

The most efficient reactor can produce 28 millions EU from 4 uranium ingots. The craft of 2x uranium ore (4 ingots) may be: 2 diamond blocks + 1 diamond + 1 matter. To get this just from energy you need more than 28 millions of EU, if we try to not think about other reactor components.

2 Uranium ore = 28M EU = 168 UUM if amplifier is available.
    Its recipe should be more than 168 UUM (for vanilla IC²)

for default GT 8 UUM is enough (even considering thorium/plutonium)

• 2 Uranium ore = 28M EU = 168 UUM if amplifier is available.
    Its recipe should be more than 168 UUM (for vanilla IC²)

for default GT 8 UUM is enough (even considering thorium/plutonium)

If giving Uranium a value in UUM you'll have to consider breeders.

Instead, a way you can use is create a small island some distance away with a villager that can do Nether Quartz and Uran trading.

EDIT: Since max efficiency of Uranium is 7 without GT, and 1 Uranium Ingot <= 8 Uranium Cells, that will give 56 million EU per Uranium Ore = 336 UUM with scrap.
    336 UUM = 37 "Theoretical Compressed UUM" + 3 UUM = 4 "Theoretical Double Compressed UUM" + 1 "Theoretical Compressed UUM" + 3 UUM

Btw this is without considering GT.

• Consider it without scrap, since the problem is when uranium made from UU matter made from energy gives more energy then it took to make and thus violating the conservation of energy. Having a positive feedback loop when giving the mass fabricator scrap is simply making energy from the mass of the scrap. Thus it's just 56 UU matter, or 6 compressed UUM+2, for regular uranium and 7 UUM (in a U shape) if it comes as a uranium cell.

If you think it's overpowered to have "cheap" mass-energy conversion in IC2 regular using the two most expensive machines in IC2 you are probably already using gregtech so It's not a problem for you.