Reactors output not the Energy as they should

• Hello,

I've a problem with my Nuclear reactor Powerplant. I've 80 Reactors and 2 Breeders. Every Reactor should output 180 Eu/t. So I should get 14400EU/t out of every reactor. That's connected to an AESU from GregTech. But the AESU receives less EU than it should. I've this design:http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…m4nkvkfk3jeaig8nmgke41s00 And some OC Heat vents don't absorb heat, as the planner shows.
    Here some measurements with the Eu Reader:

And here the setup in Minecraft:

I play FTB Ultimate with version 1.4.7
    And here you can see how I placed every Segment.
    nnn:Reactor:
    :Reactor: :Glass Fibre::Reactor:
    nnn:Reactor:
    Stacked up 20 times.

• Official Post

80 reactors? That seems, enough, I guess.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I need the power for gregTech.

Then get a fusion reactor, much better

• Since you aren't showing or explaining what's going on with your AESU, I can only guess as to the cause. The reactor output looks normal, at least.

• Since you aren't showing or explaining what's going on with your AESU, I can only guess as to the cause. The reactor output looks normal, at least.

But it should output 180 Eu/t. And the AESU get only 13940 or so Eu instead of 14400.

• Guys, maybe you didn't notice but the main advantage of this is space efficiency. This reactor power tower takes up a 5x5 area, giving a space efficiency of 14400/45=576eu/t/block. Thats higher even higher than an ultimate hybrid solar panel (512 eu/t/block since you can't stack them). Its sad that you have to do something this complicated to only just beats solars though.

The only thing I can think of is that your AE network is eating up some of your power. Granted, it'd have to be a huge network to consume 460 eu/t, but if you're running the network all around your base then its not hard to imagine that happening.

• Guys, maybe you didn't notice but the main advantage of this is space efficiency. This reactor power tower takes up a 5x5 area, giving a space efficiency of 14400/45=576eu/t/block. Thats higher even higher than an ultimate hybrid solar panel (512 eu/t/block since you can't stack them). Its sad that you have to do something this complicated to only just beats solars though.

The only thing I can think of is that your AE network is eating up some of your power. Granted, it'd have to be a huge network to consume 460 eu/t, but if you're running the network all around your base then its not hard to imagine that happening.

No that's not the problem. I power my AE Network with Geothermal Generators not with my Nuclear Energy. But I think I know what the Problem could be: I've 26 Glass fibre Cable. It's a bit more than a half EU loss. And an Eu-Detector Cable which has a los of a half EU, so I lose a bit more than 1 Eu/t. I need the detector Cable to detect whether the AESU is full or not. I know there's a block fo that, but It's not in the GregTech Version of FTB and the newer ones don't work. Some reactors wil output only 179 EU because of the loss, but is there a trick or something like that, to avoid that? A MFSU/MFE/BatBox wont work, because there would get faster filled, than they can output, and it would waste even more Eu.

• I've 26 Glass fibre Cable.

And probably as much packets as you have losses. Aka, ... wait what, 460 output ? There is another issue.
    To avoid losses with Glass Fiber, use Transformer :D
    (you know, just make it transform MV into MV ^^)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• 80 reactors of that size are still cheaper than a fusion reactor, plus he probably needs the power in order to make a fusion reactor. anyway, I have made an arguably more insane reactor design that I will definitely post about one of these days.

• But it should output 180 Eu/t. And the AESU get only 13940 or so Eu instead of 14400.

Measure for more than 11 ticks with your EU meter. You're not getting accurate readings that way. Nuclear reactors only output once per 20 ticks.

Try starting the measurement, then wait 30 seconds, then take the reading.