Canning machine gives empty cells back

• I have a solar-powered Steve's cart managing an automatic wheat farm and I want
    to use all the extra wheat and seeds that come out as bio-fuel with IC2.
    However, in order to make bio-fuel I need to stick the plant-balls into
    tin cells, which get consumed/destroyed when I put the fuel into a can
    using a canning machine, so the system will need to have tin continually
    supplied, which will keep it from being fully self-sustaining. It would be WONDERFUL if I could get the empty cells back to recycle them.

I thought of perhaps using some of the power produced by burning the fuel in a generator to make some UU-M to make more tin, but it turns out (unsurprisingly) that the energy required to make the necessary amount of tin (148,600 EU) is greater than the amount I get from burning the fuel in a generator (104,160). XD

• Official Post

I got one solution for you : GregTech.
    You will be able to recycle your cells and much more.

However, it has a price, it will nerf lots of things, including mass fabrication.
    You can disable those nerfs using its configs.

By the way, i would like if that were added to vanilla IC², although i doubt much as alblaka, the main developer is away for undefined time.

• I have seriously considered Gregtech, but in the mod pack I'm putting together, I'm trying to keep the addition of new ores, items and worldgen to a minimum, so I'd much rather have it added to vanilla IC². Also, I just don't like the idea of waste in general; cells should never have been consumed like that to begin with, IMO.

I knooooooow, Alblaka has been unreachable for, what, over a year now?

• Official Post

Actually, everyone, in the heart, is a tin pincher (doesn't like to waste stuff).
    Thats why i like GregTech.

GregTech is a mod worth adding, as it extends your gameplay (if you want, otherwise you can disable its changes) with lots of new machines, tech, automation, etc.

No news about alblaka. Now, RichardG and Player are active, just hope they read this.

• I am seriously weakening. XD I do actually like all of the new crafting recipes; the power tools should be harder to make than they are. I'm actually planning to make it so you need to beat a Wither first to make both Quantum armor and the Modular Powersuit. Specifically, a Nether Star surrounded by 4 advanced circuits and 4 iridium plates gives 16 Uber Circuits, which are needed for said armor. I have a little more to learn about Java before I can do that though. XD

The only thing I don't like is the mass fabrication nerf (though it is more realistic, and gives you a reason to make uber-high-powered reactors). Can I disable that, along with all worldgen added? I mean, can I get by without the added ores?

• Official Post

I am seriously weakening. XD I do actually like all of the new crafting recipes; the power tools should be harder to make than they are. I'm actually planning to make it so you need to beat a Wither first to make both Quantum armor and the Modular Powersuit. Specifically, a Nether Star surrounded by 4 advanced circuits and 4 iridium plates gives 16 Uber Circuits, which are needed for said armor. I have a little more to learn about Java before I can do that though. XD

The only thing I don't like is the mass fabrication nerf (though it is more realistic, and gives you a reason to make uber-high-powered reactors). Can I disable that, along with all worldgen added? I mean, can I get by without the added ores?

If you keep IC² mass fabricator, then you can play GregTech without the need of the ores, as you can fabricate anything out of uum.

• If you keep IC² mass fabricator, then you can play GregTech without the need of the ores, as you can fabricate anything out of uum.

Oh, hah! Of course! Perfect. =3 Can I see the UUM recipes in NEI?

• Official Post

Oh, hah! Of course! Perfect. =3 Can I see the UUM recipes in NEI?

Yes, as long you have the IC² config "hide secret recipes" disabled.
    IC² mass fab is a bit cheaty =P.

I wonder what you gonna do when you reach fusion reactor tier (one fusion reactor, when properly set and automated) can give about 40k EU/t.

• Yes, as long you have the IC² config "hide secret recipes" disabled.
    IC² mass fab is a bit cheaty =P.

I wonder what you gonna do when you reach fusion reactor tier (one fusion reactor, when properly set and automated) can give about 40k EU/t.

Woooooow, haha! XD Maybe I will use the new Matter Fabricator. Can it be made without the new ores? Oh heck, I'll go check a wiki for that. XD

• Official Post

Woooooow, haha! XD Maybe I will use the new Matter Fabricator. Can it be made without the new ores? Oh heck, I'll go check a wiki for that. XD

It is a bit hard to impossible, without any of GT ores and no mass fabrication.

http://gregtechcommunitywiki.wikispaces.com/Ores

GT matter fabricator requires 8 titanium (bauxite ore or mass fabrication only) and 8 chrome (ruby dust from redstone) and iridium/platinum.

• Official Post

Best backup your world first. I still am mad at Thaumcraft at putting a great wood tree and cave spider spawner in my machines.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• If you know how to use MCEDIT you can prone your base and regenerate the whole world (with GregTech ores)

Actually, I was planning to travel faaaaaarrrrrrrr away from my base and set up a teleport system, since I haven't actually used IC2 teleporters before. =P And I am very glad to hear that the End ores spawn on lots of asteroids so that there aren't a finite amount of them! XD

Also, I notice that you can no longer make near-depleted uranium cells straight from a uranium ingot anymore ... is there still a way to do that, or do I have to get them from spent uranium fuel cells?

Best backup your world first. I still am mad at Thaumcraft at putting a great wood tree and cave spider spawner in my machines.

Oh snap son! Blast those voodoo magics! XD

• Official Post

Oh snap son! Blast those voodoo magics! XD

Yup

Actually, I was planning to travel faaaaaarrrrrrrr away from my base and set up a teleport system, since I haven't actually used IC2 teleporters before. =P And I am very glad to hear that the End ores spawn on lots of asteroids so that there aren't a finite amount of them! XD

Also, I notice that you can no longer make near-depleted uranium cells straight from a uranium ingot anymore ... is there still a way to do that, or do I have to get them from spent uranium fuel cells?

IC2 teleporters take ALOT of power, just warning you.

As for near-depleted uranium? It's a config option :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• IC2 teleporters take ALOT of power, just warning you.

As for near-depleted uranium? It's a config option :)

I am aware of that, haha! I have plans for a plutonium reactor, so I should be good! And on the far end of the teleporter, I'm going to try using a Teir 5 Blaze soul shard to make lots of blaze rods to pump into a wall of generators, hopefully that'll be able to keep up! =3

Oh, really? Hmm ... does it just restore the old crafting recipe, or does it allow the new auto-canning machine to do it?

ALSO ... I am disappointed that the :Chainsaw: is no longer called "Chainsaw" haha. XD

• Official Post

I'm going to try using a Teir 5 Blaze soul

Why are you using such OP mod :( , there are many better ways to get energy than using it.
    Instead of blaze rods, try getting a wood farm -> charcoal -> generators.

Or you can try one of my (not so) famous Windmill Farms. [Link is at my signature]

• Why are you using such OP mod :( , there are many better ways to get energy than using it.
    Instead of blaze rods, try getting a wood farm -> charcoal -> generators.

Or you can try one of my (not so) famous Windmill Farms. [Link is at my signature]

I'm still in the experimental stage of my personal modpack, and that one may end up getting cut. I just liked the idea of getting points for killing lots of stuff, almost like an old-school arcade game. XD