Canning machine gives empty cells back

• Oh, speaking of potentially OP mods ... what do y'all think of Equivalent Exchange 3? I've been using it to turn all the extra wood from my tree farm into iron and diamonds, but the sheer amount that you need (plus the need for more minium shards) definitely helps with the balance issue.

• Official Post

Oh, speaking of potentially OP mods ... what do y'all think of Equivalent Exchange 3? I've been using it to turn all the extra wood from my tree farm into iron and diamonds, but the sheer amount that you need (plus the need for more minium shards) definitely helps with the balance issue.

Minium stone is balanced enough for me. Half a stack o wood per ender pearl, stack for gold, seems expensive enough. That said, I said 5 diamonds for an energy condenser (and 4 for the next 39) was fine too :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Minium stone is balanced enough for me. Half a stack o wood per ender pearl, stack for gold, seems expensive enough. That said, I said 5 diamonds for an energy condenser (and 4 for the next 39) was fine too :P

EE3 mixed with ANY tech mod is OP, simple as that.

• Minium stone is balanced enough for me. Half a stack o wood per ender pearl, stack for gold, seems expensive enough. That said, I said 5 diamonds for an energy condenser (and 4 for the next 39) was fine too :P

I agree about the minium stone ... and yeah, back in the days of EE2 I
    didn't think it was OP either, until I was forced to play without it on
    this one Tekkit server ... and I realized it was more fun without! XD

OH OH OH! I have a question about Gregtech with regards to Biomes O' Plenty! I know some Gregtech ores only show up in certain biomes ... how do all of the extra biomes in BOP affect this? Do have to find Vanilla biomes to get the ores?

• Honestly, though, I do think now that I'm adding lots of technical mods I should get rid of Soul Shards and EE3. Save those for the magic modpacks. =P Computercraft and Steve's Carts are my absolute favorites, heehee~

• Official Post

Honestly, though, I do think now that I'm adding lots of technical mods I should get rid of Soul Shards and EE3. Save those for the magic modpacks. =P Computercraft and Steve's Carts are my absolute favorites, heehee~

No way, soul shards and EE are too nice to get rid of :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• No way, soul shards and EE are too nice to get rid of :)

I may still keep EE3, but I want the challenge of creating vanilla-style mob grinders, like a huge underground area or moving vanilla spawners around with the Gravity Gun. =P Soul Shards just makes it too easy.

• Official Post

No way, soul shards makes you have to make the vanilla ones to make the soul shard ones. Especially if you get a terrible nether spawn like me, 500 blocks from the nearest nether fortress, which I only found after using ADMIST. In short, keep them both :thumbup:

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Oh oh! Something very important -- how does Biomes O' Plenty affect GregTech ore generation?

GregTech ores are biome based, thats true, however, all valid BoP and EXBL biomes will spawn them.
    Desert-like biomes will spawn rubies (like wastelands and mountainous deserts).
    Forest-like biomes will spawn bauxite...

• Gregtech is definitely something I look forward to tinkering with in a techie modpack. However, I want to stick to my support of changing "vanilla" IC2 canning machines to give back the empty cells, perhaps in a second output slot (or maybe making a small add-on that does this). Maybe the cells should be more expensive to balance them out, like maybe you only get 4 cells from the 4 tin ingots instead of 16.

• Official Post

Can't see why the cells need be more expensive, but they do need to be returned. Just cause I got 3 FZ barrels full of tin and 441 blocks of it, doesn't mean I don't hate wasting it. PLAYER, (or RichardG), (Or anyone else willing to do so), make it so. :thumbup:

I see this too much.

• Can't see why the cells need be more expensive, but they do need to be returned. Just cause I got 3 FZ barrels full of tin and 441 blocks of it, doesn't mean I don't hate wasting it. PLAYER, (or RichardG), (Or anyone else willing to do so), make it so. :thumbup:

Yeah, the only reason I thought it would be a good idea to make them more expensive was because Gregtech does. Blah. XD

• Official Post

IC2 isn't Gregtech though. That's IC3 :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

They seems to have many ideas up their sleeves yet. For example, they finally renamed 4x insulated cable. You can tell they mean business :P

I see this too much.

• As well. if you dont like Gregtech mod, u can use forestry mod to get access to the cheap reproductable wax capsules.
    Or you can spit on minecraft for a while, and give yourself a little skyrim expirience.
    Or just throw computer out of the window, and go no the next gym facility, to give yourself pleasant adrenaline boost.

The world is full of possibilities.... )

Second law of thermodynamics!

• I have considered Forestry, and still might use it in the future.
    I do not need to "spit on Minecraft" to play Skyrim.
    I do not need to trash my computer to get a workout.
    I fail to find amusement in your sarcasm.