Question: Magnetizer struture

• Problem: Getting Magnetizer to function all times.

Version: IC 2 v1.00 SSP

Information: Alright guys i am getting intermittent functionality of the elevator function of the magnetizer,

i have had it set up in two manners and cant seem to get it to work though I'm not sure if its the proper set up.

Structure 1: the magnetizer is in the pole itself.
    |
    |
    [ ]
    |
    |

Structure 2: The magnetizer is next to the pole.
    |
    |
    | [ ]
    |
    |

Now both of these designs has a MFE feed it through a glass fiber cable. The EU Current passes through a LV transmitter just before it hits the magnetizer.
    the ladder is 60 squares in length and has at the base and 40 squares from the base.

thanks for any help guys

• I was recently playing with this a mag can do twenty above and below how ever if you hit it you will stop moving, and hitting shift will slow you down. the best I have found to do this is at the bottom place one below ground then 40 fences up place another at that point get off at a little transfer area and get back on it above for another 40, this is a good thing tho because you can fly right off the pole when going fast and land kinda painfully.

• Official Post

I was recently playing with this a mag can do twenty above and below how ever if you hit it you will stop moving, and hitting shift will slow you down. the best I have found to do this is at the bottom place one below ground then 40 fences up place another at that point get off at a little transfer area and get back on it above for another 40, this is a good thing tho because you can fly right off the pole when going fast and land kinda painfully.

If you make a magnetizer powered from the bottom that goes up 20 blocks, this will shoot you up an additional 10 or so blocks, you can then put another one to catch you higher up, meaning you can get a little more bang for your buck with 2 magnetisers. Should get about 50 blocks

This way, you can get from bedrock to the roof of the world with 3 magnetisers and one changeover station.

Note: I havn't got round to testing this yet, but the theory should be sound. :)